AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've got the Harmony One and a DirecTV HD Receiver (I think model HD-22 or something?) Anyways, my question is: When I start my activity (Watch TV) and everything boots up and kicks on fine, when I go to hit guide (to pull up the guide for DirecTV) It takes FOREVER (actually like 25-30 seconds) to be able to pull up. Now the remote doesn't show the wi-fi looking signal sign to signify that it's still shooting signals to it, so that shouldn't be the issue, just curious if there is some type of lag I can set for it, or if it's the DirecTV box itself?

Thanks guys!

Adam

·
Registered
15,397 Posts
Every device in your activity has a power up delay, inter-device delay, etc. It's quite possible these all add up to 30 seconds. So you can either shorten those or wait. The HR22 needs almost no delay. TV's can vary. My sony only needs about 1 second. Receivers are usually pretty quick too. Blu-ray players and PC's usually need the really long delays you're seeing.

That being said, DirecTV DVRs are known to be quite slow. If you wait 30 seconds, then press Guide, does it come up quickly? Does the original remote work any better? If not, then its the receiver and there's nothing you can do about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts