AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I have had this MADNING problem for some time now. I have a Harmony One remote - it controls all of my HT components perfectly, with the exception of the Optoma HD80. It turns the HD80 on with no problem, but it will not automatically turn the HD80 off. I have to go to "help" then get the remote to turn the HD80 off from there. I have tried adjusting the remote signal delay to no avail. HELP!!!! Has anyone got this to work?

·
Registered
76 Posts
On my Optoma HD65 the power button has to be pressed twice for it to turn off so maybe thats the problem go to activity/yes I want to have more control... then add another power off command for projector when it is turning off in activity... the problem with setting up projectors they dont like being turned on and off all the time so setting up can be a pain

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've just checked the HD80 owners manual and the power button needs to be pressed twice for it to be powered off maybe try adding 3 secs between the 2 power off's... another thing you say is when you press the help button it then turns off if this is happening after the turn off countdown (5 secs?) then there must be an inter-device delay of some kind you need to mess around with... if all fails I would defo contact logitech customer service via software explaining your problem they should then add a new off command to your device.

good luck

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a BUNCH for that link Bryansj!!!!!!!

IT TOTALLY WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The solution is to put in THREE "turn off" + "Select" commands for the projector. It looks like this in the Harmony software:

Turn Off

Select

Turn Off

Select

Turn Off

Select

·
Registered
9,433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by audigeek /forum/post/18178807

Thanks a BUNCH for that link Bryansj!!!!!!!

IT TOTALLY WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The solution is to put in THREE "turn off" + "Select" commands for the projector. It looks like this in the Harmony software:

Turn Off

Select

Turn Off

Select

Turn Off

Select

Good. I didn't want to type that stuff again

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can confirm that this worked for my Optoma HD66 Projector / Logitech Harmony One combo. My problem was that the projector power was turning off on the DVR, but not when using the WDTV or PS3.

I was a bit concerned about the behavior of the new power off though. It does an initial power off to the projector, at which time the projector asks me to press power again. Then seems to cancel that, shut off the other devices, then do another power off, and another to finally shut the projector down. I can hear the fan cycling up then down, then up again.

Playing around with the settings a bit I was able to get the projector to attempt to power down only once. The button layout for my power off is as follows:

SELECT

SELECT

POWER TOGGLE

SELECT

POWER TOGGLE

SELECT

With this configuration, it seems to shut down everything else first, then shut the projector off.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I fought with a Sony projector for over three hours before I finally got it to work.

The problem: The Harmony was sending 2 power commands consistently but when the AV Receiver shut off and the HDMI Sync disappeared the Projector would just sit there with a "brain cloud" for a few seconds and miss the second command. I tried different delays but by the time it would accept another command the first one had "timed out" and it was like pressing it for the first time all over again.

The Solution: I added a "power toggle" command upon exit of every activity. So this exit power command would be the first press and the regular macro press would be the second, works like a charm. When changing activities the power off graphic pops up on the screen but it expires after 3 seconds so not really an issue.

So if those other processes don't work you could try this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.