AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My activities for the Harmony One work fine turning things on. However, the "all off" button only turns off the TV.

If I use the Help button on the remote, then the receiver will shut off, but even saying "yes" to the remote help system doesn't teach the remote.

The odd thing is that it works fine without the Hot-link and in fact, without using the Hot-link, the receiver is shut off first. With the Hot-link, the blue indicator does not flash during the "all off", only after I use the help button?

Long shot here, but could it be because I'm not controlling the TV with the Hotlink? I didn't connect it because it's not going to be behind any cabinets.

Anyway, I know the remote can turn the receiver on and off correctly. The direct controls work and the help works, so there's got to be a way to program it to work.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
My guess is the commands are being sent to quickly for the Hot link to recognize and repeat them. Try increasing your inter device and inter key delays on different devices and see if it helps, you might even try upping the repeats setting.

BTW all the help command does is send out the same commands you use to start or end an activity. It is to fix problems like someone walking in front of the remote, or someone not keeping the remote pointed at the system long enough (or if you don't have the delays set up properly). After the initial sending of those commands again it goes through each command one by one to make sure that everything worked. The help button does not change the programming on the remote in any way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts