AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!

I just bought this amazing remote control and I am very happy with it.

1) The only thing that I am worried about is that from time to time, I'd say every 5-7 seconds, the time info blinks once, kind of refreshing the pixels or whatever... Sometimes the whole "Wed 12:02" will blink and other time just 12:02 or just :02.

I am afraid that it could be the display issue in that upper right corner of the URC.

Could you please check your Harmony One controls for that issue?

P.S. sometimes the remote shuts down its display before you'll notice anything. Please keep the display alive for 10-15 seconds.

2) When I shake the remote I hear a noise, like there is a small piece of something inside of it that dangles. I that a motion sensor? Or there should be nothing provoking that dangling noise?

3) Someone on the forum wrote that it took him less than 30 seconds to update Harmony One. Mine updates in 3 minutes - 3 devices. Is that ok?

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorenod /forum/post/16945968

1. I'll check tonight, but I don't think so.

2. Yes, it's the motion sensor.

3. 30 seconds? If only... I takes 3-4 minutes on mine.

Thank you very much! Waiting impatiently for your results! =)

Try to keep the remote display on for 10-20 seconds. On my remote the week of the day and the time is not solid steady. each 5 seconds it will kind of refresh the week and date by provoking a kind of blink. Sometimes the whole "week hh:mm" line will "refresh" and sometime just time..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorenod /forum/post/16948404

Interesting, mine blinks too, never noticed it before. At least the clock is on time, unlike my previous 885.

Thanx for quick reply!

1) Have you noticed, is ALL the info blinking or sometimes just a part of it?

e.g.
Wed 12:02 - everything blinking

Wed 12:02 - just a part blinking

Wed 12:02 - a smaller part blinking

In my case all three situations can occur one after another, randomly..

But that's hard to notice... probably I like my remote too much that's why I am so picky =)))

2) In regards to question 2 about dangling sensor - when you shake your remote, does it sound the same as.... [hmm.. let me think of an analogy]

...if there was a small screw inside not in its place, dangling somewhere inside the case... I guess =))) ?

Thanks again!

P.S. Anyone else to confirm what I and amorenod have noticed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts