AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm trying to configure my remote here to work properly with WMC. It turns out that "direction up" moves the mouse around, instead of selecting between WMC menu items, like I'd like it to. I don't see a list of arrow-up or down commands in the Harmony web app. Have people encountered this before? Thanks!

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
What IR receiver are you using? What device did you use in the Harmony setup?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I figured it out. There's an iMon Manager utility. This might be an "Antec" receiver, but it is OEM'd from Soundgraph. They have a manager that helps you program remote commands. Might be useful for someone else who buys the same thing.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
The iMon Soundgraph stuff can be a real pain to deal with. The easiest thing to do is to set the iMon software to use a MCE Remote. Then in the Harmony software install a Computer/Media Center PC / Microsoft / Windows Media Center SE device.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj /forum/post/21207632

The iMon Soundgraph stuff can be a real pain to deal with. The easiest thing to do is to set the iMon software to use a MCE Remote. Then in the Harmony software install a Computer/Media Center PC / Microsoft / Windows Media Center SE device.

Yup. Thanks. I ended up doing that. It is a huge pain. Next HTPC I build will NOT have that IR receiver!

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
The cheapo HP Media Center IR Receiver from eBay is a good option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts