AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm hoping that perhaps someone else has had this issue too. I picked up the Harmony 680 from new egg a few weeks ago, (I'm told that all their remotes are essentially the same configuration wise though so if you have a different model please keep reading!) I got it all configured up and working flawlessly with one exception.

I should also note that I am using an IR repeater as my equipment is set in the wall so it's not visible from the seating area.

My Denon 2805 (purchased within the last 3 months) will not take certain commands from it. I have taught it the commands from the original remote even (in RAW mode as tech support suggested). Volume works fine but power on, power off and all input selection will not work on actions OR when using the buttons singularly either.

I'd call logitech for support but I'm working durring the days so I wouldn't be able to try anything so I've been using e-mail support, hopefully if no one else here has had this issue they'll be able to suggest something soon.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just purchased the Harmony 676 and I noticed with my old Yamaha amp a similar issue. The amp would power on, but the input selection wouldn't take (DVD, CD, Tuner, etc). I used the "help" button and the remote tried several things before getting the input correct. You might try that. I'm still in the process of adding all my equipment, so I'm not sure if there is a better way of solving your issue or not.

One other thing I noticed with my amp is that the "power on" time is long enough that I needed a delay to be added between the "power on" command and the "input select" command for certain actions. This was only necessary when the the two commands to the amp were back-to-back. If there a command to another device in between there didn't need to be a delay.

Hope this helps,

Spyder

P.S. I hear ya about tech support during the day. Makes it tough to try things out.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update:

I found out yesterday after I got home that Harmony Tech Support is open till 10PM Est. Very cool as it made it much faster to get help kudos to them for that and their helpful staff! Unfortunately they don't have a "good" solution for me....

After more testing it seems that everything works fine if I am within 5 feet of the IR target but when in my chair ~ 10 feet in front and 8 feet to the side it simply will not function properly on the Denon amp (single commands or activities). It doesn't make any sense to me at all as the original Denon remote works fine though.

The only solution we could find is to move the IR target or try to find something that is better quality or something to that effect but the only thing I can find that might make a difference is an omni directional target which runs around $60 at parts express (a little too high for something that may not even work, I'd rather get one of those RF extenders that goes in place of the batteries for $50 if I have to do that).

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just picked up the 880 and it works flawlessly with my Denon 3805, but I'm not using a repeater. This probably doesn't help much other than to show the problem is likely to be with the repeater.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.