AVS Forum banner
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

Harmony Remote and MCE 2005

410 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  curtis104
Is anyone hear using any of the Harmony Remotes 600 series and Windows Media Center 2005? I wanted to know how they function well together. Also none of my DirecTV Receivers work with the IR Blaster for MCE 2005. I was hoping if I purchase a Harmony Remote I could use some macro function to change the channel on the Media Center then change the channel on my STB Receiver.

Curtis
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
The H680 was designed for and comes preconfigured for use with MCE, so that should be your best bet.
There is no easy way to have a Harmony remote change the channel on two devices at the same time. Even if you could, I thought the point to MCE was to have it record shows for you, so it NEEDS to to be able to change channels for you without a remote. Sounds like you need to figure out how to get the IR blaster working either way.

The Harmony remotes are awesome and you would be hard pressed to find a better remote than the 680 for MCE, but it won't solve the problem you describe.
I have the H659 coming in a week, will that work just as well as the H680 for MCE 2005?
bump
Quote:
Originally posted by curtis104
I have the H659 coming in a week, will that work just as well as the H680 for MCE 2005?
The 659 is essentially the same remote at the 676 & 680 as far as capabilities are concerned. One reason you may want to reconsider the 659 for MCE is the placement of the shuttle controls (FF, Rew, Play, Pause). They are located on the bottom of the 659 and not easy to get to in relation to the other buttons. If you are using MCE for PVR functions you will be using FF & Play more than any other buttons on the remote. The 680 is worth the price difference for the placement of the buttons alone.
Thanks!!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.