AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Harmony 659 remote and new Panasonic PT-AE3000 projector. I have a DVR and blu-ray in HDMI inputs 1 and 2. When I use Watch a Movie or Watch TV on initial start-up, it goes to appropriate input. If I want to switch from one to the other while it is already on, it goes to next input in sequential order on the projector which may not be the correct input. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had that same problem... I'm at work, so I can't go through the exact steps - but if you do 'troubleshoot' for the projector (tell it that it sometimes doesn't go to the right input) and get to the point where it asks how you want the projector to try and change inputs, see if it's set to the "samsung" method. Mine was, and I changed it to the first option and that fixed the problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
On mine it was relatively easy to workaround this problem as I let an AVR do the input switching so only have one input to the projector.

However, when first setting up my Harmony One I had told it to set the projector input properly, only to see it cycle through inputs and land on the wrong one quite consistently. What a PITA. Since my AVR does all the switching anyway, I just told the Harmony (via the setup) that the projector stays on the last used input, so it doesn't try to change it as part of my activity.

That said, if you need the harmony to set your projector to a specific input in a reliable way, a possible fix is to have your Harmony remote duplicate the "Function" button from your projector remote. The "Function" button is a customizable button that can be assigned a task to through the projector OSD menus. I noticed last night that you can set the function button to jump to a specific input. So set this up (say, assign the function button to HDMI 3) and then have the Harmony execute this as part of your activity sequence. To my knowledge this function button is the only way to get the projector to switch to a specific input directly.

This of course may only be half the battle for you as this is 'one way' switching. Otherwise all I can suggest is buying an AVR.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm having the same problem as the original poster. I tried the solution offered by DaveMachin before I even found this thread and expected it to work. It didn't, it didn't even change the input. I also tried changing the signal timings to give the projector a chance to heat up. No dice with that either. Any other ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts