AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Samsung UN50F6300 Smart TV and a Harmony One Remote.

I noticed that when I press TV from the Devices menu there is a LCD Button for Netflix that when selected automatically starts Netflix. I would like to create a similar button.

1. I would like to create an Activity that does the following:

A. Powers the tv on.

B. Selects all of the right inputs.

C. Automatically starts the Amazon Prime Streaming Video app from the Smart Hub.

2. For some reason whenever I am viewing something from the Smart Hub, the audio comes out the tv, not my receiver. I would like to fix that, but don't know how.

Any help, please, would be appreciated.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, one of the HDMI ports is labeled as ARC. I'm now using that port as the return from my receiver, but with no success. I also have a Digital Optical Cable running from the tv to the receiver at your suggestion. I don't know how to make the receiver "see it" though so it doesn't work either.

I really am at a loss.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smolenski7  /t/1523707/harmony-remote-doesnt-play-well-with-samsung-smart-hub#post_24517207

Actually, one of the HDMI ports is labeled as ARC. I'm now using that port as the return from my receiver, but with no success. I also have a Digital Optical Cable running from the tv to the receiver at your suggestion. I don't know how to make the receiver "see it" though so it doesn't work either.

I really am at a loss.

Any suggestions?
Did you turn optical on in tv settings? It should work just check all your settings.. ARC didn't work well for me..No problem using optical..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I figured it out. Unfortunately Anynet+ and non-Samsung AVR's don't play well with one another. So, when I ran the optical I really thought it would work automatically, but it didn't. I had to let the AVR see the optical port first. After that it has been working wonderfully.

After some research, this is a very known issue with all Samsung televisions that has caused a lot of headaches for a few years now. Samsung needs to step up to the plate and do something about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.