AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I have a nice Harmony 1100 for my living room. And I'm very happy with it.

Now I'm looking for something that can do the same for my bed room, but at a lower price. It will control HTPC, 3D Plasma and AVR. The main thing is 1 button to turn on everything.

I want to use a Harmony IR Extender System as the HTPC and AVR will be in a closet. And that is compatible with all remotes also the original. But its hard to find here in Europe so a alternative would also be nice if anyone know of one?

So will it be Harmony 300, 600, 650, 700, 900 or One? The cheapest that does the job :)

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
I think you mean Harmony IR Extender, not IT. There is nothing special about the Harmony IR Extender other than the logo stamped on it. Any IR extender will accomplish the same job. I'm not sure about availability in Europe, but some options are HotLink Pro, Smarthome, and Xantech.

You listed the 900 which wouldn't require an IR extender because it comes with an RF to IR extender. Your 1100 is also compatible with an RF extender. However, the 1100's extender isn't compatible with the 900's version. If you can find a cheap Harmony 890/895 then that would work for you as well.

As for the cheapest Harmony that does the job (excluding the IR extender requirement), that would probably be the 300. It will control your three devices (I think a maximum of four) and it literally has only one activity button. The other remotes are upgrades to the 300.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply bryansj

I do indeed mean IR not IT i have corrected that now.

I will consider the 900 as it do have that RF extender included.

I already have RF extender with my 1100 and it works great.

I think i would need a minimum of 2 activity buttons one for TV and one for the HTPC

I will look a little more thanks for the input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.