AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a remote recommendation. I just finished building my theater and I am just waiting on carpet. I have the following equip:

Panny AE-3000 pj

Denon 2809ci

Monster 2500 Line Cond.

Panny BD80 Blu-ray

Verizon Fios HD box

3- Insteon RF/IR light switches controlling stage lights, recessed lights and sconces.

After ready so many posts I think I am more lost on this decision.

HELP, thanks.

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
The Harmony remotes are virtually identical in functionality and are programmed in the same exact way. The biggest difference between them is the button layout and button material. A few of the higher end models have rechargeable batteries an IR repeaters.

So I would pick a remote based on which one suits your needs/ergonomics the best.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue /forum/post/16929410

The Harmony remotes are virtually identical in functionality and are programmed in the same exact way. The biggest difference between them is the button layout and button material. A few of the higher end models have rechargeable batteries an IR repeaters.

So I would pick a remote based on which one suits your needs/ergonomics the best.

An additional difference between different Harmony Remotes is the fact that some of them have an RF capability that allows them to utilize Wireless RF Extenders. Also, some of those RF capable remotes can control Z-wave devices directly via RF.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts