AVS Forum banner

161 - 180 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumsicle /forum/post/13548914

Hey everybody, there's a delay from when my TV turns on to when I can input commands. Which setting would I adjust so that the change input command comes in after a certain amount of time after the device is powered on? That is, if it's even possible. And if not, does anyone have a good work around for it?

Thanks,

Plums.

That's the power-on delay setting. Go to the device > trouble shooting > adjust delays. 1000 ms = 1 second. Count, use a stopwatch, or just increment the setting by a little until it works properly.

My rear projection TV requires this to be set to 15000 ms (15 seconds).

·
Registered
322 Posts
Is anyone successfully using the Harmony One with either of:

1. The Tivo Series 3

2. Yamaha RX-V1800

Because if so, please share your timings with me, as no amount of adjustment I've tried can make these things behave properly. Navigating Tivo menus is painfully slow, and individual button presses on the volume of the receiver will keep registering second after excruciating second after I've finished pressing them (but holding it down works fine).

Yes, I've read this thread, and tried adjusting all the relevant delays; still not close to OEM, which is why I'm asking for help.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkozlows /forum/post/13642211

Is anyone successfully using the Harmony One with either of:

1. The Tivo Series 3

2. Yamaha RX-V1800

Because if so, please share your timings with me, as no amount of adjustment I've tried can make these things behave properly. Navigating Tivo menus is painfully slow, and individual button presses on the volume of the receiver will keep registering second after excruciating second after I've finished pressing them (but holding it down works fine).

Yes, I've read this thread, and tried adjusting all the relevant delays; still not close to OEM, which is why I'm asking for help.

I am using these delays for the Tivo Series 3 with my Harmony 890, and they are working well: Power On: 1000, Inter-Key: 0, Inter-Device: 100, Number of Repeats: 2.

Interestingly, when I previously set the Number of Repeats to 0, the Tivo was actually repeating my commands, as if I had a high Number of Repeats. When I increased the Number of Repeats to 2, it stopped repeating!

·
Registered
28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue /forum/post/12008276

- This is what I am using for my 3808ci.

Power On Delay: 1600 ms

Inter-key Delay: 0 ms

Input Delay: 200 ms

Inter-Device Delay: 200 ms

Repeats: 1

I haven't tried these settings yet because the 3808ci that I'm trying to fix isn't mine, so I don't have access to it, But the problem that I'm facing is that it won't switch inputs/sources on the receiver when I try and change activities, Does that sound like a delay problem that this will fix?

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Your lucky I have to beat my remote for my DVDP I use foy my 2 channel audio rig against something for it to work sometimes. Thats just an excuse I can make for picking up 2 universal remotes!
but it won't be the harmony that will eat into my audio budget.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Based on tokerblue's input I'm using these setting in my Denon 3808ci;

and everything works great except the volume. The volume keeps changing too fast even when just tapping the remote. This happens inconsistently meaning sometimes it jumps .5 db and other times 10db so I'm not sure which delay to focus on changing. I searched through many of the threats regarding both the Denon and harmony but could not find any comments on a simular problem. This leads me to belief it has something to do with these new settings but everything else works so much better, any ideas which setting to focus on?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have an 880, about 2 years old now. Over the last 3-4 months the volume control has continually gotten slower and slower. Now it takes about 5 seconds of constant pressing to get it to work. The battery indicator reads full charge (but the battery has never been changed). Any suggestions other than contacting Logitech?

On Edit: after researching the Logitech forums, it seems that the 18 month time frame is getting to be normal for the Volume and Channel buttons to fail. Some have had marginal success by taking the remote apart and cleaning the contact points. Others have actually put down drops of glue and/or other items as fixes. Throwaway electronics.......................

·
Registered
120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderr /forum/post/14078311

and everything works great except the volume. The volume keeps changing too fast even when just tapping the remote. This happens inconsistently meaning sometimes it jumps .5 db and other times 10db so I'm not sure which delay to focus on changing. I searched through many of the threats regarding both the Denon and harmony but could not find any comments on a simular problem. This leads me to belief it has something to do with these new settings but everything else works so much better, any ideas which setting to focus on?

I have exactly the same problem with my 890 and 3808ci. Have forever (since I got the 3808ci) and tried to fix through support (both logitech and Denon) but to no avail so I got "used to it". Sucks but I've got to deal, right?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue /forum/post/12008276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderr /forum/post/14078311

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulaloyd /forum/post/14691802

I have exactly the same problem with my 890 and 3808ci. Have forever (since I got the 3808ci) and tried to fix through support (both logitech and Denon) but to no avail so I got "used to it". Sucks but I've got to deal, right?

I'm not at my H-1 computer, but later this weekend I'll check my 3808ci settings for comparison and post them here.

HH

·
Registered
1,780 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by tokerblue

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderr

Quote:

Originally Posted by stulaloyd

Sorry about the,,,'DELAY'...

My 3808ci, H-1 settings:

Power On Delay: 0 ms

Inter-key Delay: 100 ms

Input Delay: 100 ms

Inter-Device Delay: 100 ms

Repeats: 0

My volume works just fine.

HH

·
Registered
1 Posts
have the 880 and it never seemed "responsive" enough when controlling my system - especially when changing the "surround style" (ie, stereo, arena, 3-channel, cathedral, pro-logic etc.)

even with timing settings at "0" - there was always what seemed like "too long" of a delay between actions...

BUT - last week added a different dvd player to the system, and when i went online (hadn't been there in months) it updated the 880 system software

NOW - the timings/response seem to have improved GREATLY!!!

before at times i'd manually swap between stereo and pro-logic, which was 9 keypresses cycling through it's modes, i'd finish and then wait for 4-5 seconds as my receiver caught up to the final pro-logic mode

NOW - after the "system update" the delay when i finish is "maybe" 1 second or LESS...

i was having the SAME delays with ACTIVITY STARTUP - i would "watch TV" and then have to sit and wait 6-8 seconds till the 880 finished doing it's thing

NOW - i have access to controls within a couple seconds

so - if it's been awhile since you've "updated" your remote, log in with it and let it get a "system update" - you'll see a lot of improvement!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have the Harmony One and when selecting favorites the three digit channel numbers are appearing on my Motorola 3416 DVR in slow motion, one at a time. However it I press the channel up or down button it changes instantly. Any suggestions to fix this?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,

I have the Harmony ONE and a Sony 46" X3100 / XBR4 (depending on which country you happen to be in). I have my favourite channels set up on the remote, but when I switch channels by pressing the channel on the touchscreen, the TV takes a painfully l-o-n-g time to process the change - i.e. one digit at a time, then pause before the channel actually changes. Does anyone know how to program the remote to avoid this problem? (the tv itself is slow to channel change at the best of times, but this remote makes it even worse)

·
Registered
555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61016216 /forum/post/14977103

Hi,

I have the Harmony ONE and a Sony 46" X3100 / XBR4 (depending on which country you happen to be in). I have my favourite channels set up on the remote, but when I switch channels by pressing the channel on the touchscreen, the TV takes a painfully l-o-n-g time to process the change - i.e. one digit at a time, then pause before the channel actually changes. Does anyone know how to program the remote to avoid this problem? (the tv itself is slow to channel change at the best of times, but this remote makes it even worse)

I was suffering from the same problem with my favorites on the Harmony One remote. The issue was how the One was sending the signal to the cable box and not my TV. I spoke to Harmony's tech support tonight and they adjusted the internal settings for my remote on their end, I updated the remote doing a sync and the time for channels when pressing on my favorites increased drastically!

·
Registered
24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Guy /forum/post/14977249

I was suffering from the same problem with my favorites on the Harmony One remote. The issue was how the One was sending the signal to the cable box and not my TV. I spoke to Harmony's tech support tonight and they adjusted the internal settings for my remote on their end, I updated the remote doing a sync and the time for channels when pressing on my favorites increased drastically!

thx for the reply. Unfort. I don't have a cable box to blame it on - the signal goes straight to the TV to change channels. WIll fiddle around some more with settings and see if I can fix it (without making things worse..)

cheers,

·
Registered
555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61016216 /forum/post/14994459

thx for the reply. Unfort. I don't have a cable box to blame it on - the signal goes straight to the TV to change channels. WIll fiddle around some more with settings and see if I can fix it (without making things worse..)

cheers,

Save yourself some work as it is a fairly fast call and their tech support people are extremely knowledgeable and their call centers are either in the US or Canada. They access your setup on their end, will adjust the settings for your issue and all you have to do is sync your ONE on your computer. They then wait to see if the problem is fixed when you test the remote on your TV.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Firstly thanks to those that helped me with my other two questions.

Now...

(1) If I use my remote at two locations, can I cretae a new account with new Devices and Activities for the second Account? Will updating the remote with the new Devices and Activities overwrite and replace my current activities? Can I reverse that process as needed?

(2) When I set up a device the device screen displays a number of Function Icons that in some cases scroll over many screens. Can I delete and/or rearrange those Funtion Icons into a more usable order?

(3) I feel foolish for asking this because the answer is probably so simple that I'm overlooking it. Can I set up an Activity with just one Device (say Satellite Box) and choose a channel without turning any other devices on? When I try to enter a new Activity and choose watch TV it automatically selects my Plasma too and I don't want this as part of the Activity. How do I get around that?

Thanks again

Tarxan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry but I forgot this one.

If I started an Activity with three Devices (say to record a TV show on HDD), how can a automate a function that turns only one of the devices off (Plasma) after I've set it up to record?

Anyone got this one?

Cheers

T

161 - 180 of 249 Posts