AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Harmony Touch has worked fine and I connected it to program it to control XBMC and I noticed a whole new UI for the remote. I ended up having to re-add my devices so that they worked properly. I have everything working except for two problems, one I've always had and a new one.

The new problem is when I select watch tv which uses my DTV receiver, my Panasonic TV, and my Pioneer AV receiver. When I go to the DirecTV activity it controls the DTV box no problem but the volume controls for the AV receiver don't work. Is there a fix for that. Before you ask, I have the Pioneer receiver set as the device which controls volume. It worked before the update but it doesn't anymore.

The problem I've always had is that when everything is off and I select an activity different than the last one I used, the receiver doesn't change inputs. I always had to hit the help button then it would change inputs. How can I make it so that on power up, the AV receiver gets set to the right input?

·
Registered
362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patseguin  /t/1523023/harmony-touch-wont-control-volume-on-av-receiver#post_24495122

My Harmony Touch has worked fine and I connected it to program it to control XBMC and I noticed a whole new UI for the remote. I ended up having to re-add my devices so that they worked properly. I have everything working except for two problems, one I've always had and a new one.

The new problem is when I select watch tv which uses my DTV receiver, my Panasonic TV, and my Pioneer AV receiver. When I go to the DirecTV activity it controls the DTV box no problem but the volume controls for the AV receiver don't work. Is there a fix for that. Before you ask, I have the Pioneer receiver set as the device which controls volume. It worked before the update but it doesn't anymore.

The problem I've always had is that when everything is off and I select an activity different than the last one I used, the receiver doesn't change inputs. I always had to hit the help button then it would change inputs. How can I make it so that on power up, the AV receiver gets set to the right input?

Hi patseguin,

Please shoot me a PM with your MyHarmony email ID (password not needed) so we can see what's going on with your volume control issue.

The AV receiver not going to the right input sounds like a power on delay issue.. please do the following -

- select the 'Devices' tab in your MyHarmony account and click on your AV receiver

- click Change Device Settings

- select Device Delay Settings

- Increase the Power On Delay a little

Be sure to sync your remote once this change is made. If the AVR still doesn't change inputs when starting your Activity from an off state, increase the power on delay a little more and try again.

Good luck

Sylvain

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's solved, PM'd you. For anyone els, I noticed that in the DiecTV activity, he volume and mute buttons were blue and disabled.mi just had to assign them and then it worked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts