AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HR10-250 finally died and DirecTV is replacing it with one of their own HD DVR's. I already have 1 of them hooked up to my TV and in the past it was easy to control/differentiate since one was a Tivo and used a different remote. Now I'm looking to simplify and I'm curious if a Harmony or other remote can be setup to control both of them independently. I know you can have 2 DirecTV HD DVR's in the same room but would a Harmony be able to be configured with an activity for each one and be able to use the remote ID assigned by the receiver?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GScott /forum/post/16981003

My HR10-250 finally died and DirecTV is replacing it with one of their own HD DVR's. I already have 1 of them hooked up to my TV and in the past it was easy to control/differentiate since one was a Tivo and used a different remote. Now I'm looking to simplify and I'm curious if a Harmony or other remote can be setup to control both of them independently. I know you can have 2 DirecTV HD DVR's in the same room but would a Harmony be able to be configured with an activity for each one and be able to use the remote ID assigned by the receiver?

If you have two units of the same model E* or D* Receivers, the Harmony will during setup "learn" which IR address with which each of those receivers is operating. You would have two distinct activities with one receiver included in each. Think "Watch DVR1" and "Watch DVR2."

·
Registered
877 Posts
just to clarify, there are two options in the setup under the devices tab, settings for each DVR...there is 'learn ir commands' and there is 'confirm ir commands'

learning would be overkill...what you really need to do is use the 'confirm ir commands' option, which will have you show 3 commands from the original remote (be sure it's set to the different IR address) and that will switch it over to the correct code set automatically

·
Registered
72 Posts
As an aside, DIRECTV now supports multiple IR code sets so you can have up to 9 DIRECTV HR2x receivers in one room. I currently have three in my living room, but had to learn the third set to my Harmony One as it was not in the Harmony IR database.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.