AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harmony 700 w/ 7,7 software

I did'nt see an option for my new Blue ray player Sony BDP-BX37 for programming the blue button for a commercial skip.

I don't have the OEM Sony remote so I'm not a 100% if it even has this function,

so I attempted the same programming blue button for a commercial skip on my Magnavox 515 DVR which I know has a 30 second commercial skip forward and even backward skip. both unsucesfull.

edit I attempted both procedures in activitys.

Thanks for any advice

STB

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Sony blu-ray players do not have a 30 sec commercial skip function. I've never seen a commercial during a movie, so I'm not sure why I'd ever need to skip one. You can usually skip previews by going to the next chapter.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Dave my post was actualley a 2 part ?

I understand a the rational that a DB omits the commercail skip funtion I'm confussed about the Magnovax it doe's endeed has a 30 second forward and 5 second reverse skip.

is it possiable to program my Harmony 700 using the blue button in activitys?

I have been able to program a few non colored buttons and used the same procedure.

I'm using my new DB player to playback my SD DVDs I create myself some of these recordings have commercials.

Thanks

STB

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
If you can't find the commands in the Harmony database then just simply learn them from the original remote.

On your 700 go into device mode for the Magnavox and try all the keys and see if it was just mislabled. The "blue" button could be called skip, step, blue, or pretty much anything. If that fails then just go the learning route.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Bryan the Magnavox commercial jump is called skip and was'nt listed w/ the harmonys 7.7 software so I did my first learn now I have the blue button working as a skip.

Bryan what should I use the remaining colored buttons yellow, green & red for?

Thanks STB

·
Registered
1,651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethebrain /forum/post/21074512

Hello Bryan the Magnavox commercial jump is called skip and was'nt listed w/ the harmonys 7.7 software so I did my first learn now I have the blue button working as a skip.

Bryan what should I use the remaining colored buttons yellow, green & red for

On my HO I put the commercial skip on the >>| button, and the skip back x seconds on the |> and

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello BPlayer

nice suggestion using the >> button as a forward skip and the

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.