AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on this forum from central PA and interested in scheduling some possible meets? Looking for some design/color schemes, etc.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I sometimes get down around that area Jay7, I'll keep an eye on upcoming meets you might have. And if you are ever in the Erie area, let me know. I need to contact the administrator to remove my Erie thread as nearly 400 people have viewed it but no one is interested in getting together (probably don't dig my setup... oh well, I like it). :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just moved to the area from Missouri and will be finishing off my basement and setting up my theater (I had one in my house where I moved from). I have a Sony HS51, a Dalite 110" High Power screen, Direct TV Hidef Tivo, Sony 975 upscaling DVD player, 7.1 surround sound system with Pioneer Elite receiver. I have bass kickers mounted in my 2nd row riser and plan to add them to my theater chairs when purchased. At this point, I'm still working on the design of the room but my plan is to have the theater done by August due to the fact my wife is expecting to give birth to our fourth child and life will be hectic to say the least. I live in Dillsburg and work in Mechanicsburg so I'm not to far from Harrisburg. I would be happy to host a gathering if anyone is interested - once everything is done mind you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjennings
I sometimes get down around that area Jay7, I'll keep an eye on upcoming meets you might have. And if you are ever in the Erie area, let me know. I need to contact the administrator to remove my Erie thread as nearly 400 people have viewed it but no one is interested in getting together (probably don't dig my setup... oh well, I like it). :)
TJennings:

I dont think that they dont like your setup, its just how you decorate the room! Your in Harrisburg (I used to live in York) and have three great teams right around you, Eagles, Steelers and Ravens. How can you be a Browns fan? You must be a transplant from Cleavland because not to many people outside of OH like the Browns. Ive giot a buddy down in Lancaster with a nice HT setup. Ill try and get him on this board and check out your thread. Take care and good luck.

Drew D.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just moved to New Cumberland, PA and I am moving into a house in Camp Hilll with an unfinished basement... hehe...who can guess what I want to put in there? If you guess walls you're right. I'm new to avs, but am really interested in HT setup and home automation. I'd love to go to an already setup home theater or one in progress. Seeing the only person I know in 200 miles of me is my fiance, I should start having some hobbies. eheh..

so if anyone's having one, I'd be down..otherwise after I move in, I could have something at my place for a design session. Thanks and this forum rules (and makes me wish i worked anywhere but a golf course)

-smallz

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, so now we got some interest but no one with a theater as of yet. OK, one guy in York, PA PM'd me and he has a cool setup via the looks of it but I haven't had a chance to go and check it out -- of course, I know we are most likely all decent people but showing up at one's house without knowing them is not the most safe thing to do at all times. Now we have to move to actually building the theaters. I met with a builder yesterday so I will see what he comes back with in the next week or so.

In any event, smallcrpt welcome to the neighborhood. What brings you in and how could you not love working at a golf course? I would love to have that opportunity and be able to golf at all times. What course do you work at? Anyway, you will be right down the road from me as I am up a bit further on the Carlisle Pike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm from Ephrata, planning on finishing my parents basement this summer for a HT and bar area. I'll only be graduating from Millersville this winter but I've been researching home automation so I know what to look for when I decide to buy a house. I design session sounds good. I agree we should get a meet somewhere.

·
Registered
187 Posts
DrewD-

Erie is 1.5 hours from Cleveland and Buffalo, 2 hours from Pittsburgh... so there are a good mixture of all 3 teams here. I have lived in the area all of my life and had never even been to Pittsburgh up until about 6 years ago, so rooting for the Steelers was never even a thought... growing up we always went to Cleveland, and to Browns / Indians games since it was much closer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.