AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:

I am noticing something on my Blu-ray Disc of HP:GoF that I was wondering was showing up on other copies. I have a Panasonic DMP-30 player and a Toshiba 52XF550 LCD. Playing at 24p.

On one scene approximately 30 minutes into the movie, I notice a bunch of inky black blotches on the left side of the screen. The scene is of the clock tower ringing its bells and comes just after the Krum character puts his name into the blue-flamed cup. The Entire left side of the screen has the amorphous black glob on the screen (I've played with brightness control and it is still there, also appears on my friend's LCD playing disc thru PS3). Was wondering of anyone else had seen this issue with their copy? I see the reviewer consensus is 4 to 4 1/2 stars for the transfer and no reviewer mentions the issue. Just thought I check "with the masses".

Thanks for any replies.

Mikey

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Calibrated the TV again this weekend. Black splotches still are there, but diminished with brightness turned up alittle. Looks better, but still there (esp. when seated on the right hand side of the couch and looking at the left hand side of the screen). Took disc to a friend's house and it shows on his set. I think its just in the transfer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts