AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between the first complete BD collection with the nifty box and the one just release last year? Besides the fact that the 2008 version is cheaper. Is it just the box art?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
if i'm not mistaken the 2008 box set is just the individual movies in their retail packaging put into a box

the 2007 box set had the movies in a bunch of cardboard digipak cases made to look like school books and it had a bunch of swag

i took some pictures of the 2007 set when i bought it

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishFury /forum/post/15582757

if i'm not mistaken the 2008 box set is just the individual movies in their retail packaging put into a box

the 2007 box set had the movies in a bunch of cardboard digipak cases made to look like school books and it had a bunch of swag

i took some pictures of the 2007 set when i bought it

Thanks for providing the link to your pics. The 5 movies are the same. I might just get the 2008 version. Save the $20.00 (approx.) and not buy the "Limited Edition". Or just wait till the other 3 HP films are released on BD and buy the "8 disc LE Blu-ray" set. Any how, here is a review...
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/992/...tteryears.html

·
Registered
983 Posts
I don't believe it's my player, but...why can I not access the chapters on the recently released box set? It seems that, when the menu is first pulled up, there is a fraction of a second when there is a scene from the movie; but, then, the menu comes up and only contains the extras. No chapter stops are id'd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts