AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was think of getting these, but have read that they lack the interactive features of the HD-DVD version. I'm guessing that Warner will reissued them with more features so I am tempted to wait as I do not want to double-dip. Any opinions?

·
Registered
968 Posts
I could'nt wait for a re-issue and bought it in hd-dvd, do you really need more interactive features?

You would double dip these titles just for that?

The PQ and SQ of both films is awesome and the fifth one is even better! (the story's not as good as the fist four but the PQ, wow!)

I just don't care about special and/or interactive feature but it will certainly get new release when the 8 movies will be finished and sell another boxset, does it worth the wait? I don't think so but I'm a huge fan of these movies.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Keep in mind that this is Warner we are talking about: Look at how long it took for them to re-do the original Burton Batman (1989). It was a launch title in 1997, and the special edition reduex didn't show up for nearly ten years?!?

·
Registered
968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader424242 /forum/post/14343267

Keep in mind that this is Warner we are talking about: Look at how long it took for them to re-do the original Burton Batman (1989). It was a launch title in 1997, and the special edition reduex didn't show up for nearly ten years?!?

In ten years the 8 movies will already be old and I would'nt wait one day to pick the Half-blood Prince and the 2 parts of the Deathly Hallows, as for batman 1989 Tim Burtons did a good job back then, but with batman begins and the dark knight all the previous batman movies should be forgotten.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_qc /forum/post/14343441

In ten years the 8 movies will already be old and I would'nt wait one day to pick the Half-blood Prince and the 2 parts of the Deathly Hallows, as for batman 1989 Tim Burtons did a good job back then, but with batman begins and the dark knight all the previous batman movies should be forgotten.

My only point is that Warner is not known for redoing titles very often (as opposed to simply re-releasing previous versions in different clothing, as in a box set)...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts