AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
XV-Z9000U from Sharp, according to manufacturer, has 1100:1 contrast ratio. If it is true, it has better contrast than film.

Can it be true?

Has anybody seen this project?

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
This unit won't be shipping for a couple of months according to Sharp. One thread said the Seleco 200DM looked better than the Sharp, color and contrastwise...

·
Registered
157 Posts
hi, well this is my first post so I hope that it helps. I am living in tokyo so I get to see a lot of stuff you guys might have to wait for. Today I went ot my favourite HT shop and they had the new Sharp 9000 running (underneath the new sony). The Sharp was very very good. Smooth picture and with its 1000 (1100?)ansi it fared reasonably well when they let some ambient light into the room. They had the gladiator/titan DTS disc running (dts vol 5?) and the reds and blacks seemed very impressive. I have to add to all of this, however, that I have not been able to see the seleco here in tokyo..... not even sure if they have a distributor. If you can read japanese their home page is www.avac.co.jp and they will have the sharpon sale here from 05 sept.

If i can help with anything just let me know. I am just starting the process of deciding a replacement for my sharp zvx5000.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
The new Sharp is supposed to start shipping late this month, but probably hard to see until next month.

Nobody here has seen a shipping model, except for the guys from Tokyo, the others here saw a pre-production demo model, so who knows what the final one will look like (except for the guys who have seen it in Japan).

Many folks have trouble with seeing rainbow on the Seleco 200DM, but lately there is not much complaining about that. The folks who hated it switched to other projectors, DILA and LCD.

The bottom line with all this stuff is to go look at it yourself, before you plunk down your hard earned bucks!!

It appears to me like the projectors to wait for are the new Sharp and the new Seleco, and perhaps others coming out within the next few months.

Now is a great time to be looking around.

-- Cain

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
You can read about what my impressions were of the new Sharp projector at the Phoenix A/V expo Here

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.