·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was suppose to be at infocomm.

Specifications:

True SXGA+ Resolution - 1,365 x 1,024 with 4:3 aspect ratio

Video - Progressive Scan Technology, HDTV-ready

connectivity - Digital RGB (DVI), Analog RGB (x 2), Component, Composite, S-Video inputs, RGB output

Digital Keystone Correction - Vertical and Horizontal

Brightness - 1,500 lumens

Contrast Ratio - 500:1

weight - 12 pounds

dB Rating - 36 dB

MSRP - $8995

I had a Hitachi CP-X985W with 2700 Lumens for a demo, non-progressive DVD player hooked up direct to it via S-video. The video looked pretty good. Great colour, no jaggies, no combing in fast moving scene (Titanic, and James Bond with his remote control Bimmer scene), great built-in progressive video circuit. I read somewhere that Hitachi has Silicon Image circuitry built-into the projector. And it was a nicely equipped projector with all kinds of input terminals, including DVI. What kept me from purchasing it was the contrast ratio was only 300:1 (black = dark grey). And now Hitachi CP-SX5500 with LCOS, SXGA, 500:1 contrast ratio (more acceptable) and presumably Silicon Image circuitry, I want to find out more about this projector.

Help! can anyone who seen it in action tell me more? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
You won't find much of interest by searching the forum on this projector. Essentially, the demo setup was poor. A few people didn't like it. A few people did. No one is sure of their opinion given the awful demo setup.

I guess we're just going to have to wait for these things to hit the street. I'm with you though, the specs and pricing look nice.

Why do you presume it will have an SI deinterlacer?

/jab

------------------

a moderator at the TiVo Community Forum

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
There are several posts, including mine, about this projector at Infocomm.

Basically, the demo was so unbelievably bad that no one could tell anything about the projector.

Hitachi had it in a little closet-like space. It was showing a spreadsheet-type presentation on the wall. There was poor documentation, and none of the Hitachi folks knew anything about it.

Small groups of people would pack themselves into this space and leave looking either puzzled or disjusted. A group with Sony badges left snickering.

I have been to many trade shows but have seldom seen a product so poorly displayed.

We will hope that it is a better product than the demo but we will have to wait and see.

By comparison, really good demos were given by Faroudja, JVC, Stewart, and Plus. You got a real sense of what their products were and how they would perform.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.