AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading AVS for several months now and have heard several people saying that the Dayton subs from PE are pretty decent. I am all about DIY and have built several custom enclosures for cars. I want my next project to be a killer home theater sub and was thinking of using the Dayton Titanic MKIII 15".

Has anyone actually heard this sub or even the Dayton 12" in a home theater setup?

Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
516 Posts
I haven't heard the MKIII yet but I have been using there DVC 15" for the last few years with very pleasing results. I have had it in several different enclosures sealed ported & now 4 of them in my IB. And PE's warranty is awsom on there drivers. I've had one fail (actley my first one) the spider ripped on it, & they replaced it no problem. The MKIII is a much better built driver than my DVC's, I'd say you can't go wrong with them.

·
Registered
336 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
I built sealed and ported enclosures for this driver. I think the ported one sounds much better. Cleaner and deeper. I have pics in my web site. I think is a pretty good driver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the pics! That is my type of project and I really like the high gloss finish.

Two questions for you-

first, what amp are using to push that bad boy?

Second, did you use a car wax for that high gloss finish?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you do a search on PE's forum, you'll find at least one poster who claims that the Quatro 15" driver sounds better than the Titanic. I have never compared the two, but the Quatro because it cost less.

·
Registered
750 Posts
RCwrangler,

To power it I'm using the Crown xls 402 pro amp in bridge mode. I have it crossed at 60Hz on the receiver because I have two velo subs helping my mains.

To achieve the high gloss finish I used car primer, car paint, and car high gloss finish (urathane or something like that) with the activator, and a lot of sanding. I'll wax it when I have time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.