AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently returned my Daewoo in exchange for one of the 42" Akai panels and I am not very happy with it. (The composite input was screwy on the Daewoo. Progressive DVD input was intermittent, but that's another story.) So I'm just wondering if anyone that bought one of the panels from Costco has been able to return it for a refund. Not store credit, but actual refund?

Please, no guesses based on the policy here. (ie. they should) I'm looking for someone that has actually done it.....

Was it a real hassle? Easy? Involve multiple managers, etc.?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
If there policy is to give refunds within a certain time frame, you should not have any problem. Otherwise if you paid by credit card especially

American express you can walk in with your return ask for a manager

get his name leave product at register and tell them your not happy

walk out don't argue just walk.. You will get a refund on your cc, I

was always surprised how few people new of this. I worked at

a place where we did not give refunds at all. Stores don't like problems

with visa,mastercard....call your cc in advance tell them what your doing

as long as it is within a reasonable time frame up to 30 days

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Costco offers refunds on just about everything. You bring them evidence you bought it at Costco, the item in "like new" condition, they review it, they take it back, they refund payment in the form it was originally conveyed.

There own policy is total satisfaction. There is a time frame on computers (6 months) which is made explicit because there is not a timeframe on other goods.

Mark

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Rogo, the WAF was just not there for the Akai. Frustated, she finally gave in and said "Just get the Panny. It's the one you originally wanted right?." So for a few $$$ more, the 42" ED will be here soon...

Catch is, I HAVE to get the cash refund from Coscto FIRST. (I know, shoulda paid with the CC :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have never returned anything quite as expensive as the plasma, but I did return a $400 digital camera twice (had same problems twice) and with no hassle they issued me a cash refund each time. The first time it was on sale at a lower price and they actually gave me the higher sum I paid for it and let me repurchase it at the lower price. I believe they will ONLY give you cash as I purchased my item with a Amex, but got cash back. Good luck and enjoy the Panny, bought one myself!

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I've not returned a plasma to them, but like cwallen, I've returned other fairly high ticket items (digital camera as well). One was broken when I bought it -> took it back no problem.

The other had no box, just the receipt and all the original equipment, and worked properly....took it back again, no hassles whatsoever.

Cheers,

Rich

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had to return a $6,000 piece of jewelry to COSTCO when one of the stones fell out and was lost. This was about 5 weeks after the original purchase. I bought with AMEX, and the refund was on AMEX. No hassles, no problems. They are extremely friendly to work with.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
At the risk of breaking the rules, am I seeing right that Costco is carrying the Panny models now? Last time I was there (been a while) they didn't seem to be carrying any models I was really intersted in.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I am not aware of Costco carrying Panasonic plasmas.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Didn't think so, just wanted to be sure. I still haven't been able to determine BJ's buying practices to know if the Panny models they carry are graymarket or not.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Moebius
At the risk of breaking the rules, am I seeing right that Costco is carrying the Panny models now? Last time I was there (been a while) they didn't seem to be carrying any models I was really intersted in.

I WISH!!!

No, I have the Akai right now and plan on returning it so that I can buy the Panny over at, oops, can't plug vendors here anymore.;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had ordered the Sampo through Costco online, didn't like it, returned it to the local store, there was no problem what so ever returning it for full refund, including the shipping charges.

Went with the Panasonic...

·
Registered
299 Posts
I returned an unopened Akai against a receipt that was almost 30 days old. The 30 days old is actually irrelevant, and was not an issue. They did open the box to ensure the plasma was in there, and not 85 pounds + of iron ingots!

They did have to get a manager over to do an override though because when I took it back, the current price was $299 less than I paid. All in all, about a 5 minute process.

Just a hint, maybe the box being unopened had something to do with the number -299. Anyways, love the Akai and we watch it everynight.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Bought son a watch at costco several years back. It was only about 200 dollars. Son came home for a visit. While home watch stopped working. He is a member at Costco. He really liked watch and wanted another one just like it. Went to costco where bought. Had no proof of purchase or box. Said he wanted one just like it. They said no, but gave him cash credit. He then went to watch display case and filled out form to purchase. Got same watch at less money. I think that shows good faith on the part of costco

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.