AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read posts about people receiving them from Sonic Blue, but has anyone actually gone to a store and bought one? Especially around SF/Bay Area?

I'm getting pissed about missing world cup coverage (Korea & Japan, bright idea guys!) so I'm now in the market for a PVR. I like the networking side of ReplayTV. However, I can't seem to find one anywhere. I can't even find a 4040 here in SF. Anyone? TIA.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This afternoon I talked to a sales person at Good Guys in Glendale, CA. who said that the units should be on the shelves in 6/11 in Northern California, and 6/13 in Southern California.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope Ireland and the US last that long. ;)

Very tempted to go buy an open-box tivo deal, but I guess I can wait it out. Arghh!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, I just came from Good Guys....with a 4508 under my arm. :)

So, they're available in Norcal now (6/10). Well, at least the Sunnyvale Good Guys. They had two 4504s and two 4508s. They used a 4508 as a floor model for 3 hours. They then put it up for sale as an open box buy for $545. Needless to say, I pounced on it. Woohoo!

I asked the salesmen and he said the Van Ness good guys in SF should have them now, too. Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.