AVS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
A bed in the theater?

I envy your lifestyle.

I do remember seeing a circular bed in the Playboy club theater in Wis.

If I remember correctly it was something like this.

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Groovy !! No one has?

Not a "bed" per se, but upholstered pads or mattresses at floor level, to lay down when viewing, if desired.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well, I never built a bed for my theater, but one time I did build a theater for my bed (and survived to tell the tale!)

I hope that helps!

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedd  /t/1521026/has-anyone-built-a-bed-for-your-theater#post_24458928

I'd venture those are queen size mattresses turned sideways.

Could be. It's hard to judge size from the pic. Any ideas on what the back upright is?

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyad  /t/1521026/has-anyone-built-a-bed-for-your-theater#post_24460874

Could be just the wall because I'm seeing at least 3 layers of pillows.

I think you're right. I would have to have some sort of back on it though. My rear wall has the A/V cabinet there.

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
Looks like the wall to me.

Audio on a back wall tends to be bass heavy so I'd be looking to get my ears off the back wall to start with.

Might be why there's so many pillows?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
dfergie, an admin over at satelliteguys.us not only has a projector in his bedroom, but also has one in his camper.

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedd  /t/1521026/has-anyone-built-a-bed-for-your-theater#post_24462813

Looks like the wall to me.

Audio on a back wall tends to be bass heavy so I'd be looking to get my ears off the back wall to start with.

Might be why there's so many pillows?

We don't sit against the rear wall. The A/V cabinet is in the rear wall. We sit about 4' in front of rear wall.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayn_j  /t/1521026/has-anyone-built-a-bed-for-your-theater#post_24463041

dfergie, an admin over at satelliteguys.us not only has a projector in his bedroom, but also has one in his camper.
Guilty ... 110" diy screen in bedroom ... I watch at least a couple hours a night when off, upgraded to 7.1 sound a couple weeks ago, well worth it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts