AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have, do the two cards attached at the rear of the tube have to be removed?

I'm asking because I have to remove them and I don't know how to do this.

I have asked about this in this link .

Any help would be most appreciated.

/Kent

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi Kent

To remove the CRT you must remove the video neck board.First of all you need to remove the VNB end of the ribbon cable. undo the ground straps from the chassis ,then remove the fan directly behind the CRT (remove one screw and it will pull upwards).Next you need to loosen the screw on the clamp that holds the VNB on to the CRT neck.When it is sufficiently loosened you should be able to pull the VNB assembly straight back and it will disengage from the CRT pins.If you are going to completely remove the VNB there are also a couple of other connectors attached to VNB assembly that must be taken off.

Good Luck

Andy

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I have tried to pull the cards of before but I didn't dared to use more force. I have to try this one more time to see what's going to happen.

/Kent

·
Registered
912 Posts
Watch when you replace the cards that you don't bend the pins on the end of the CRT, which can easily be done if you aren't careful. Bending it back into place can cause it to snap off.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the late reply but I have been sick.

Do I have to pull hard to remove it? I have been trying to pull the cards back from the tube but I'm not able to move them at all. There is some black stuff, glue maybe, can that cause me problems putting it back?

I am a bit careful but I don't want to break the tube.

/Kent

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Forget the last post, I was able to remove the cards.

I think I know what the problem is, earlier when I moved the CAR-card I got the flickering, so my guess is one of the two connections between the cards. There are eight connectors in each and there is some sort of plastic holding them. Now I only have to figure out how to remove them.

Progress!

/Kent

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm answering my self here...

I got the cards apart and put them back together again. Installed them in the pj and fired it up. I had it running for almost four hours and it look great. Earlier I could run it for no more than 20 minutes.

Thanks for the support!

/Kent

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
You live and you learn.

Congrats on your success.

Now where did this extra wire go??

Marc

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tinman: so true!

I don't understand what you men by the extra cable. The only cables I meant were the 16 connections between the cards and I belive one of the had a bad connection.

/Kent

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.