AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two windows in my potential theater space. Both are egress windows in a basement. One needs to be there to maintain building code... the other is optional.

My thought is... rather than use valuable floorplan space... I could create an enclosure from the optional window (see floorplan) egress in order to store an equipment rack.

I've searched this forum (mostly) high and low.. has anyone had any experience with this?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Are you proposing extending the rack outside into the window well? How will you weather proof it? Do you already have this house or are you building.

Middle Atlantic makes racks that pull out of a wall recess. They have temporary rails that support the rack when you pull it out for access to the back of your components.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by petew  /t/1418352/has-anyone-converted-a-basement-egress-into-equipment-storage#post_22184152

Are you proposing extending the rack outside into the window well? How will you weather proof it? Do you already have this house or are you building.

Middle Atlantic makes racks that pull out of a wall recess. They have temporary rails that support the rack when you pull it out for access to the back of your components.

I will be closing the on the house in a couple of weeks. My thought was to create a sealed, concrete box.. and consult with my builder to further weatherproof it. Thanks for the head's up on the Middle Atlantic product... I'll check that out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts