AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my HTPC up and running. My Mitsu. 65907 only has one 1080i input (DTV). I bought a VGA breakout cable to go from my computer to the DTV input. I changed the DTV mode to RGB in the setup.

It worked fine and using Powerstrip I was able to view HD clips and trailers with a little bit of overscan. No big deal.

Well here is the problem.

I decided to watch some DirecTV today so I had to unplug the VGA breakout cable and plug the 3 component cables, coming from the transcoder (DTC-100). I then switched it back to Y-Pb-Pr

in the menu.

Problem. Something is wrong because the channels seem to have a wavy, horizontal line at the top 1/5 of the picture and everything above the line is shifted to the left. It goes across the whole screen. Some channels will never even show...the picture will be there about 1 second and then go away..

But, HDNet and HBO HD were fine. They are the only stations that do look "normal" and do not have any distortions or trouble locking.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out what is going on. I believe the HTPC/powerstrip must have changed the timings or something else on the DTV input. Both OTA and DirecTV channels are messed up and not viewable.

Anyone have any ideas? This is very frustrating and I wish I could have everything back to normal.

It is weird that the HD channels work but all others will not. Is there a way to reset it back to default?

·
Registered
307 Posts
As far as I understand the dtc 100 is a little different with timings and stuff.

Have you tried under menu, assistance, monitor setup. There are 3 different setting for timing depending on the type of connection you have, as well as Raster Centering.

Does you tv have a rgb or an rgbhv connection if the latter I would get rid of the transcoder and place a switch between them(htpc and dt1 100).

I used a D sub 15 computer monitor switch between my dtc 100 htpc and hdd200 which works fine for now

Perhaps this will help

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes elm_sd,

I went there earlier and everything is where it should be. (dtc100 settings)

I never had a problem until I hooked up my HTPC. :(

Please look at my edited post. The main thing is a wavy line that runs across the enitre screen and the picture is shifted above it. This is on every channel and some even have another line below.

Very frustrating.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Could be like the HDD200 unplug the Mit for five minites and hope for the best

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It didn't change anything.

Another note, the local, digital channels like ABC, CBS, NBC also come in fine. Channles like 5-1 or 8-1.

Make sense?

All others still have the line and top portion off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.