AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on sending my Z2 in for repair under my AMEX credit cards automatic one year warranty extension. I've got all the docs I'm curious about other people experience with the process and thier advice. I do plan to upgrade to a 1080P unit shortly but I'm waiting on better prices.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Wow,

That's pretty impressive. Can you give a run through on everything you had to do to get this to happen? Was it a pretty painless experience?

Thanks

·
Registered
941 Posts
I had a sub repaired thru AMEX. I don't remember the exact process, but I do remember that it was easy and hassle free.

Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's a great idea, but crap, I closed the AmEx card account which I bought the proj with. I still have 2 other AmEx cards though, and can see the closed cards when logged in my account online. I'm still gonna try and see what happens. My AE900 rattles like marbles in a fan.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just called AMEX and they needed some basic items, the orginal receipt (They may not need that in the end) a copy of the Warranty, and a repair estimate. I just called and opened a claim and got the Projector to Sanyo for the estimate. About two weeks later they sent the Check with no hassle. Even if you closed your account I think you may still get your warranty coverage. Don't ever use a Master Card unless the original warrenty is one year or less as they won't extend a two year warranty. Vise will do up to a three year warrenty and AMEX does the best at up to five. If you use your AMEX or Visa there would never be a reason in my mind to buy an extended warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts