AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to purchase 11 berks and Jason has the lowest price. I have read alot of negative things about Jason, has anyone had a good experience from start to finish? Please let me know, Thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
vneally,

I had very positive experiences working with Jason. I purchased a Sim2 DLP as well as a Stewart screen. I had an issue with a malfunctioning zoom lens on the projector and Jason (AVS) resolved this issue quickly and professionally.

CGM

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Several months ago I purchased screen material through Jason at AVS. I called and talked directly with him on the telephone. He took my order and the material was shipped to me directly from the factory.

Jason was knowledgeable about the screens offered by the various manufacturers, made suggestions based upon my needs, and gave me a great price on raw Vutec material for my DIY screen frame. He took the time to ask questions and see I knew everything I needed to know before I placed my order.

If Jason paid that much attention to my small sale (compared to yours), I'd be shocked if didn't take even better care of a large one.

Give him a telephone call. Unless he has changed the way he works, he'll make sure you are taken care of too.

Joe L

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I agree with J.L. I've now delt with both Dan and Jason for a pretty paltry amount of money each time, but both gave me better customer service than I've received almost anyplace else.

That said, Jason is highly overworked I believe. Don't be surprised if he needs a week to respond to his messages, this past week he was on a week backlog - I left him a message Monday, he did not get a chance to return until Friday morning. (But he did return and was ready to help!) I lucked out and was able to work with Dan on Thursday (after feeling frustrated about Jason not getting back to me), so Jason lost that sale to his coworker. :)

Give Jason and Dan a call, and give them some time to respond. I feel like a week is a long time to wait for a simple callback about an order, but I was not in any rush to get the order placed, so it really did not bother me this time around.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I bought my Stewart screen from Jason, and it was a wonderful transaction. He was very helpful, and was happy to spend some time helping me out with a question months later.

·
Registered
463 Posts
In my experience, you need a lot of patience and don't expect the immediately response both phone and email as in the case of the regular online store. At the end, you'll got what you want and more important it was my small token of appreciation to the AVS.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
I have had great luck with him. :) Seriously, I do my best to give good customer service to everyone. I also know that there are occasions where customers get upset with me, and for that I am truely sorry. It is by no means intentional. I am a very busy guy and sometimes it does take a bit for me to get back to people. I simply ask for everyone's patience and a chance to see what we at AVS can do for you. I appreciate everyone's support of our forum....it is very appreciated.

Again, for anyone that I have upset, please accept my apologies.

Thanks!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,978 Posts
Ahh so all my training paid off:)

Thanks to all our supportive customers. If it were not for you we would not have this wonderful forum:)

Jason "get back to work"

·
Registered
158 Posts
I also have had great service from Jason.... and I haven't bought much either! (Yet anyway) ;)

He was a tad slow in responding to my initial request for pricing on a few items but answered all questions I had completely.

One of the problems I see is that there isn't a place where we can quick look up a price on something from AVS so when Jason announced they were selling berklines I can only imagine the number of "How much are the berklines and what would shipping cost?" e-mail he got from all of us (guilty here).

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Bought my first scaler (Quadscan Pro) from Alan and my second one (CS-1) from Jason. Both occassions where great experiences. Jason was very fast in quoting me on a potential third scaler (CS-2 with SDI) but I decided to keep the CS-1 ...... and I'm a foreigner!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I bought the Da-Lite HCCV screen material for my 12-foot diagonal screen via Jason a few months ago and his customer service couldn't have been better. He was easy to get ahold of and I got a great price!

Very pleased with AVS and happy to do my part to keep this incredible forum going.

Thanks Jason & AVS!

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
I've made numerous purchases from AVS since 1999 and have always been more than satisfied. "Start to finish" never ever a problem.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I purchased my 9 foot Da-Lite Hipower screen from Jason back in January. I am very happy with the sevice that Jason provided. Overall an excellent transaction. He spent the time helping me make the right choice. Thanks Jason.

Herm

·
Registered
57 Posts
He has my recommendation. I have had great customer service and yes he can get busy, just like myself, so I had no complaints what so ever since I was just as hard to reach. My items purchased:

Stewart Firehawk

Denon 5803 AV Receiver

Faroujda Processor that came in with a problem, and was quickly replaced

Richard Gray power conditioner

I was going to buy my Sharp 9000 from him until Sharp changed their internet sales channel policy. Thanks again Jason and AVS! - CP

·
Registered
936 Posts
I don't like the way this post is titled.

I've only had good service from Jason. The subject line of this thread is too negative. AVS Science rocks. Jason rocks.

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
I think the title is reflective of the fact that as with any business/person there are ups and downs. Jason has stumbled in the area of service in the past. Doesn't mean he isn't good at what he does or hasn't learned from his mistakes.....but unblemished track record...no.

I have been silent about my experience, because I think Jason and AVS learned from it and will improve because of it. I will still find any reason to give them my business because of the stellar site they maintain for the HT community and Al's desire to take care of the customer.

Ron Boster

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The reason I titled it that way is because all I was reading were negative things about Jason. I was ready to order 12 - 090's from Jason and all I kept reading were bad comments. I am glad this post has received much pro Jason response. I have since ordered my chairs from him and have another post saying what great service he has giving me. I am sorry you don't like the title but I think this post has done Jason some good. Unfortunately most people don't post about good service just the bad.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.