AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently traded in my PS2 at EB and purchased a PS3. Sony lists an extended service plan on their website but they do not offer an option to purchase it. Does anyone know how to purchase this plan from Sony?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Call Sony, they will help you DEFINITELY on making your purchase.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Gaming and Entertainment Service Plans cover Playstation®2 systems, PlayStation® Portable and AIBO® entertainment robots.

·
Registered
59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmilam /forum/post/0

i called sony a few days ago and they said they do not offer extended protection plans on thier products.

Same here.

A little worried, lets hope the PS3 build copy is superior to its last generation machine. I dont think I can afford to replace my PS3 if it croaks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I called Sony in November. I spoke with two different CSRs on two different days.

Both told me that Sony is not offering an extended warranty on the PS3.

The second CSR told me that they received an email from their supervisor advising them that they could not sell an extended warranty for the PS3. Though you can buy one for pretty much any other product they make.

I'm not sure why this hasn't been bigger news. I guess nobody cares.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.