AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to a guy that is a seller on Ebay. He said the warranty is 1 yr prts/labor and 2 yrs on the tube. Not bad considering all other TV manu. only offer 90 days when the "recall" a set and then re-sell it.

Does anyone in here have a refurbished RCA set????

Please reply if so, I am trying to make my mind up today.

I can get the set plus the stand that goes under it for 2048.00 (no tax!)

I think that is a good buy. I just want to know if the refurbished in a factory sealed box set is A-Ok.

chef423

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
umm, why?

Sorrry, but I need more that "specualtion" here. Just becuse RCA changed something out in the TV doesnt mnea its going to perform badly.

chef423

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Someone HELP! I only have until tomorrow to send the funds off.

chef423

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Because there were a lot of lemons and they were refurbed. Consider yourself warned. You buy it, you are responsible.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Umm, yeah, thats why they were FIXED. What is it with everyone.

All of you honestly dont think that a set that has had a faulty part replaced is not as good as one that has just came off the line. Especially since I am getting the SAME factory warranty (1yr prts/labor and 2 yrs. picutre) as the "brand new" sets....

Proof? Please....

Thanks,

chef423

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Stevens
Because there were a lot of lemons and they were refurbed. Consider yourself warned. You buy it, you are responsible.
Sorry, I dont know what you mean by "you are responsible"

Plus, it has a 30 day return to where I bought it if something fails without having to excersice the warranty.

chef423

·
Registered
721 Posts
It doesn't seem like anyone has any experience with the refurbed units, but you don't seem willing to take any other information to heart from members who have responded.

It sounds like you are confident that you are right to only consider refurbed, so buy it and enjoy.

Just an opinion.

Jeff

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jeff, thats not it at all.

People are posting saying that refubished it BAD, PEROID!

How can that be true? Its one little part they replaced, if they do suck or have problems, I want to know about it.

HONESTLY, I HAVE WAITD THIS LONG FOR AN HDTV, I PROLLY WILL WAIT LONGER(like till 2006).

BOTTOM LINE, THE INDUSTRY CHANGES AND THEY EXPECT THE END USER TO PAY FOR IT, WELL.....GUESS WHAT, YOU HAVE PAID FOR IT!

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP

chef423

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to everyone in here, I am now waiting for the REAL HD sets to arrive, my WEGA shows just as a good pic as any 10k TV anyway w/ a DVD in. :rolleyes:

chef423

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why am I crazy for buying "that set", sorry you know any better????

And if you think they are, actually how much better, to the various eyes there are in the world, are they??

chef423

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry, needed to vent.

You have 20 people in here saying one thing and 20 saying the other. I realize most of this hardware is "pick as you please" but I am just looking for some "hands-on" help. I dont live in huge metropolitian are, so I am limited to what I can preview. I am to busy to get out and drive 2-3hrs everytime i feel like looking at a set.

To all that have helped, thanks a lot, I REALLY appreciate it!!! Thanks!!

chef423

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
chef, you seem to want to only hear that it is OK to buy that set an are hostile to those who say no. Well, then go and buy it already!

My parents want the RCA, but I am trying to push them to something else, because I have talked with techs and repair men who have dealt with the RCA.

One thing I keep hearing: RCA doesn't care about their customers and if you have a bad set, good luck getting it fixed or replaced. So again, buyer beware. If you don't like that... :rolleyes:

Me, I have a Panasonic 47" HDTV and am thrilled with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
chef423

Just picked up a 38310 off E-Bay. Got delivery yesterday. I bought a refurb unit and out of the box,all seems O.K.-HAVE NOT had a chance to go through it with the Avia disk yet, if you need more info-send me an e-mail-JR

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
COOL! This is what I wanted to hear!!

I will email you....thanks.

chef423

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Stevens
chef, you seem to want to only hear that it is OK to buy that set an are hostile to those who say no. Well, then go and buy it already!

My parents want the RCA, but I am trying to push them to something else, because I have talked with techs and repair men who have dealt with the RCA.

One thing I keep hearing: RCA doesn't care about their customers and if you have a bad set, good luck getting it fixed or replaced. So again, buyer beware. If you don't like that... :rolleyes:

Me, I have a Panasonic 47" HDTV and am thrilled with it.
Thats not it at all. All I hear is negative stuff with no "real life stories" or a link that has an article with undisputable proff that this set sucks. Trust me, I have talked to much more happy people than I have unhappy customers.

I am glad you like the Panny :)

I looked at those and quite frankly the pic suffer in comparsion to some sets that were much more affordable. I hope you are happy with your purchase. If I end up regretting it, you will be the first to know!

It was either this set or the Sampo, and I didnt want to have to deal with that headache. Why spend 3k on a TV that wont be much useful in a few yrs?? Kinda silly if you ask me.

Basiclly, this set is for DVD's and XBOX. I dont watch much TV and I wont ever use the speakers on this set cause I have a Denon AVR-5800 reciever and Klipsch 5.1's aound the room (sweet).

Thanks for the reply Mike, I wasnt trying to come off like a smart ass, I just dont see any proof, just people shouting NO with malice.

chef423

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.