AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a yellowish/brown stripe on the right side of my image. When I first turn on my projector it's very pronounced but slightly fades as the unit warms up.

I've cleaned the unit and the color wheel as well as changed the bulb but the problem persists. My next thought is it could be the lens...any thoughts??

btw I will be searching the many 4805 threads too...thanks

Warren

· Registered
1 Posts
I have similar problem with my X-1. I get two or three yellowish white stripes on the left side of the screen ( facing the screen).

These at times tend to improve as the projector warms up. They sometimes improve by pressing over the lens.

Infocus wants to charge to replace the optical engine arround 900 dollars.

· Registered
5,132 Posts
This is due to the "great" construction of the older IF PJ using glue and plastic to form a light tunnel (from the bulb chamber to the optical chamber) which falls apart over time. Regluing and fixing this square tunnel is not easy due to the heat exposure of the bulb.

· Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey /forum/post/0

This is due to the "great" construction of the older IF PJ using glue and plastic to form a light tunnel (from the bulb chamber to the optical chamber) which falls apart over time. Regluing and fixing this square tunnel is not easy due to the heat exposure of the bulb.

I got an email from Krasmuzik stating that this was the problem. Thanks for your help. I'll have to upgrade or move sideways real soon!

Warren

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.