AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the first Panamorph pre-buy. I have been patient and figured I would eventually get my Panamorph and all would be well. Unfortunately how they were shipped to people did not seem to match when you bought them. Maybe I should have complained sooner (squeaky wheel). Anyway, my last contact was on Sept. 10 with an e-mail saying my Panamorph would be shipped that Wed. Since then nothing.

Has anyone heard from Shawn since then? After 14 month wait I would hate to have my fate missing getting a Panamorph by two days.

The ultimate irony is in my previous HT dealing with the drop in screen height caused by the Panamorph would have been difficult. In my new HT, because of ceiling height I almost need the panamorph to project the image lower. Ah well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am also in the first buy and am amazed to see I must have been in the last 2% (guess somebody had to be!) I have still not had a confirmation. I have e-mailed cygnus 3 times since the 15 of this month in 5 day intervals asking for confirmation that I am on the pre-order list still (or ever was!)....Nothing! I also have not raised the issue but it is becoming a little tiresome to be ignored. I have resisted using Shawns personal e-mail and kept things to the company side but I fell that must change soon. I understand that being international and the recent events have probably impacted largely but I know others o/s have recieved theirs. Confirmation Shawn PLEASE? http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/confused.gif

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have to admit that I am getting paranoid again - defined as: when everything is going wrong paranoia is just clear thinking!

I emailed Shawn a couple of months ago and got an immediate answer. I emailed him again a couple of weeks ago - nothing. Even if things were going well I don't think I would see mine until December (maybe). At one point he thought I would have one by late August!

I've now implemented my contingency plan (Plan B) to get me through.

Cheers,

Grant

·
Registered
305 Posts
Since I'm in the third pre-order group (ordered/purchased in December), I'm beginning to think I'll never see a Panamorph. I'm probably just being paranoid too.

So far I've paid $156 in interest on my credit card, for a purchase that I've never seen. (Yes, I know I shouldn't carry a CC balance, but I can't help it I'm a technogeek). Maybe I should send Shawn a bill... just kidding (I think).

Jeremy

------------------

D-ILA, HTPC, HDTV, Panamorph(?)

I want Buffy in HDTV!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here is one of the few and last email that Shawn sent me. I don't like the sound of it myself.

Scott, I very much apologize for the delay in responding.

The truth is that we have had a major setback in our operation due to the inability of a major partner to follow through with their commitments, significantly brought on by last week's attacks. We are now scrambling to either turn this around or find other short term remedies to

get back on track as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Shawn Kelly

·
Registered
846 Posts
What is the consensus? Is the panamorph worth continuing to wait or should I just ask for a refund and consider an ISCO II?

--Les

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Boy, that last letter doesn't look hopefull at all http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif !

I actually believed once, that I might see my Panamorph by the time Phantom Menace was relesed, having ordered last day of last Aug. Now it looks like dead deal altogether. This is very sad indeed. Hope those few people that got theirs in time realize how lucky they are.

[This message has been edited by Carey P (edited 09-27-2001).]

·
Registered
375 Posts
FYI,

I have seen something recently that is very disturbing indeed http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

The Cellar Cinemas HTPC website is showing Panamorphs in stock and ready to ship at $1395 (with purchase of a new HTPC). IF THIS IS TRUE, it means many of us who have been waiting patiently for more than 14 months have been passed over and used to support new retail sales of the product. This would in my mind be the lowest blow imaginable from Cygnus (to date).

I hope Alan Grouger can step in and help straighten this out for us.

"squeeeeeek"

Thumper

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have been asking Shawn for a refund for a few weeks now. If you decide to ask for one I hope that you are more successful than I have been. He has promised a refund, but he contines to fail to deliver. He does read his email, but I believe that he just deletes them and ignores us.

I have contacted my bank and VISA is working on my refund now. I gave Shawn multiple chances, but the only thing he did do was charge my credit card. In fact he tried to biil me twice for my P561 order and he emailed me immediately when the second charge did not go through.

Good luck to all with their Panamorph orders. You will need it.

Scott

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Gee, that's nice.

So where's the "GONG" when we need one!

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Legal action may get Cygnus attention.

------------------

Huey ;-]

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I've been waiting patiently, not really joining in the periodic rants about Cygnus.

BUT NOW I'M P*****! My $800 prebuy price should be just about what they are charging these "Cellar Cinemas" guys given the normal retail markup.

Maybe it's time for a little class-action litigation, folks.

Dan

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
I don't want to be in the position of defending Cygnus, but the Cellar Cinemas guys may have bought one, five, or even 10 during the pre-buy period, and now that they've received theirs, they may be re-selling them to help move their HTPC's. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I agree with Rick. It could be entirely above board.

But, no matter what the causation of the situation, it does chap my a$$ that I have the choice this instant of paying an additional 1800 and getting one, or paying nothing more and possibly getting nothing at all.

Doug

[This message has been edited by shodoug (edited 09-27-2001).]

·
Registered
388 Posts
Why is Shawn not even appearing to respond to any of the posts that have recently been made about slipped shipping dates and now this more bothersome problem? That's what bothers me most.

Several months ago, I believe, there was a thread where feedback was provided on how Shawn could improve the Panamorph experience, if it was done again (it was assumed it was nearly over at that time). The main suggestion, by far, was that frequent status updates were the most important thing that pre-purchasers wanted. Will Cygnus never learn?!

Alan G., can't you contact Shawn and get an answer for us? Or are you having the same problems as we are? -- Herb

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
I hate getting into this cause I didn't even order one (thank god I would be very very pissed) but here are some some solutions that may alleviate your situation.

1. Never do business with someone who shows a blatent disregard for the customer.

2. Never do business with someone who doesn't have published phone number.

Please, someone post Shawns phone number so that those that are unsatisfied can make contact and get their refund. Finally, if you do get a refund you can probably alleviate your wait time for this product by purchasing one of those that are already showing up on the second hand market.

Recommendation: do whatever you have to do to get your money back.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Shodoug,

I'm having a tough time with this one.

This means Cellar Cinemas would have had to purchase a quantity of the Pannys FOURTEEN months ago... perhaps as a business investment? Computer guys like this never buy stuff more than fourteen days old for fear of obsolesence, let alone well over a year. Of course, maybe they didn't think their investment would take this long ether http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Thump

[This message has been edited by Thumper (edited 09-27-2001).]

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.