AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a couple infinity 362's and have a set of DCM KX10's, I purchased about 11 years ago after auditioning at a Hi fi shop.

Tonight I hooked up a DCM on the left and 362 on the right and did some very unprofessional comparisons and determinied the DCM's are superior.

Both are very accurate sounding but the DCM with 10" woofer is clearly stronger .

Am I all screwed up thinking the stronger speaker is superior?

The DCM is sure sweet sounding as I listen to James Taylor (Fire and Rain).

·
Registered
3,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer101 /forum/post/15437144

I recently bought a couple infinity 362's and have a set of DCM KX10's, I purchased about 11 years ago after auditioning at a Hi fi shop.

Tonight I hooked up a DCM on the left and 362 on the right and did some very unprofessional comparisons and determinied the DCM's are superior.

Both are very accurate sounding but the DCM with 10" woofer is clearly stronger .

Am I all screwed up thinking the stronger speaker is superior?

The DCM is sure sweet sounding as I listen to James Taylor (Fire and Rain).

You can do a search here for "whatever happened to DCM's Steve Eberbach"......a long running thread, and you can probably find info on your KX10's.

My guess is the Infinity is more popular here. The original DCM's were found only in "High End" shops as I recall......Time Window......Time Frame were two models I remember. I once owned a pair of Time Frame 600's and loved the sound and looks. At some point, maybe around the mid 80's I started seeing a redesigned DCM spkr hitting the mass market stores. It seemed to me that DCM had lost their "High End" status.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link.

I found another set on ebay for 350 dollars

The seller is calling them:

DCM SPEAKERS KX 10 SERIES TWO, FLOOR, UNREAL SOUND,RARE

I have to agree with the sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.