AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 7 years ago, my dad spent quite a hunk of cash on a HT setup (Infinity Prelude towers, QPS rears, Prelude CC center, 200 LD's, 65" Pioneer RPTV, etc..)

In any case, I can count the times he has listened to surround material on one hand, so when I moved out, I convinced him to let me take his center and surrounds since he didn't use them.

My current setup is a pair of Ascend CBM-170s and the Infinity Center/Surround speakers mentioned above.

Now, it has become painfully obvious to me that the QPS are crap. They are inefficient and output mediocre sound. However, the Infinity does a pretty decent job and holds up during most complex material.

I would like to know at least the general quality of this unit, but thorough searching has turned up NOTHING. Infinity's site lists basic specs but to my knowledge there are no reviews. The closest current match in Infinity's lineup, at least aesthetically, is the Prelude MTS, but it uses very different drivers and seems to cost a lot more.

If this PCC did, in fact, cost nearly $3K new, then I feel bad because it's great but not $3000 great. Does anyone have any experience/thoughts about this unit?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.