AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Denon AVR-X3500H; Sony UBP-X800M2; EFE speakers; Outlaw Model M amps; SVS sub; Epson 8350 projector.
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled across Outlaw Audio's new bookshelf speaker which sells for about $1,000 a pair (they will also sell them individually, which is a nice touch in case you want to use one as a center too).

I have several Outlaw components and believe them to be one of the best values in audio. And I have seen rave reviews of their sub. Has anyone heard their new bookshelf speaker? I am curious how it sounds and whether it is a good value (it only goes down to 54Hz which seems a bit high for such an expensive bookshelf speaker).

Here's the link: http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/bls.html

·
Premium Member
7,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnilsson /forum/post/0

I stumbled across Outlaw Audio's new bookshelf speaker which sells for about $1,000 a pair (they will also sell them individually, which is a nice touch in case you want to use one as a center too).

I have several Outlaw components and believe them to be one of the best values in audio. And I have seen rave reviews of their sub. Has anyone heard their new bookshelf speaker? I am curious how it sounds and whether it is a good value (it only goes down to 54Hz which seems a bit high for such an expensive bookshelf speaker).

Here's the link: http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/bls.html
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=828134

·
Registered
Denon AVR-X3500H; Sony UBP-X800M2; EFE speakers; Outlaw Model M amps; SVS sub; Epson 8350 projector.
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hm. I ran a search before posting my question and that post did not come up for me. Wonder why? Interesting review.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Tnilsson: I thought you were a tried and true EFE man.

Btw, I'll be in Sacramento in July...do I still have an invitation to listen to your speakers?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, my speakers are either EFE or Cambridge Soundworks because I think they currently offer some of the best values in speakers that I have heard. I consequently often suggest that people give them a listen, but I can't say that I am a "tried and true EFE man" because I also suggest that people listen to a lot of other brands. Those brands work for me, but they might not be optimum for someone else, especially since they both have major drawbacks (EFE's is that they don't have a website, only sell by word of mouth, and don't have a return policy--though they otherwise have incredible customer service--and CSW's is that they refuses to post specs--but have some very good speakers and a great return policy).

I have some friends and relatives who are planning speaker purchases. Some of them plan to order EFE speakers because of hearing mine, but I have suggested that they also demo a number of other speakers. I was wondering if I should suggest that they give Outlaw's new speakers a listen too as I have been impressed by their components and the reviews their sub has received. But I have never heard their sub or their speakers and am not myself in the market for any new speakers or a sub, so I was hoping that someone here has heard them, which it appears they have.

And sure mziegler, you are welcome to come by as long as I am in town. Just PM me and let me know when you will be here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.