AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got Geek squad to replace my defective Z9F, and I used the store credit towards a 77" LG CX. I chose not to buy a Geek squad warranty again after the horrendous experience I had with them. However, I still want a warranty and I was looking at Square trades website, but the maximum they cover is a TV worth $3K, at least from their site. So I found this company called Upsie, and they seem pretty good, but then again don't they all? Does anyone here have, or have used this warranty in the past?

https://upsie.com/

·
Registered
580 Posts
I chose not to buy a Geek squad warranty again after the horrendous experience I had with them. [/URL]
I have no experience with Upsie, but what when wrong with Geek Squad? When my Samsung 64F8500 died a years and a half ago, just a few months before the 5 year warranty ran out, they were fabulous. Gave me a fat credit, because they only do board-swapping repairs and could not get the board. And they let me keep the broken TV, which I then repaired for $50 by replacing three capacitors, and sold for $800 on eBay.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no experience with Upsie, but what when wrong with Geek Squad? When my Samsung 64F8500 died a years and a half ago, just a few months before the 5 year warranty ran out, they were fabulous. Gave me a fat credit, because they only do board-swapping repairs and could not get the board. And they let me keep the broken TV, which I then repaired for $50 by replacing three capacitors, and sold for $800 on eBay.
They wouldn't cover the TV because it was under manufacturers warranty still, despite Sony not wanting to cover it, and their terms and conditions saying that they will cover something during the manufacturers warranty, if the manufacturer refuses to cover it. I finally got a Geek squad agent to get an RA#, and they were still refusing because somehow, the manager of the store did not understand what an RA was, and thought I was just trying to return it well outside my return policy. I told the Geek squad guy helping me about this, and apparently this wasn't the first time the manager at the Best buy near me has caused problems for people. The Geek squad guy was so irritated with the manager, that he actually came to the store to sort it out. After about 20 minutes of them arguing, they agreed to do the RA, and I used the store credit from that towards a CX. The manager asked me if I wanted to add the warranty, to which I had no comment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts