AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Talk to Jason here at AVS, he can help you. I got a Draper from him last year that works fine. Also Draper's tech support is very good and very responsive.

Sid

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank D /forum/post/0

Which lift are you talking about?

I have one for my crt - 100D rated to lift 250lbs I belive - and it works great. They are an excellent company with excellent support.

Regards

Frank

I was leaning towards the Chief SL-236. How was yours suspended?

~Ruben

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I am using a low profile ceiling mount suspended by two metal plates that are in turm screwed into the side of my wooden joist. My projector is very heavy - 242 lbs.

If your projector is a lighter type DLP then screwing into the bottom of a wooden joist should be fine. Alternatively if you do not have a joist available then adding some wood that in turn is screwed into the wooden joist should be fine too. I would avoid just screwing into the drywall. You can check the builder or CRT or other projector forum section on AVS for others with similar projectors for further help.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I have 4 of those Chief lifts in my store. They work great and are reliable. They're not silent, but I don't know of any projector lift that is.

Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank D /forum/post/0

I am using a low profile ceiling mount suspended by two metal plates that are in turm screwed into the side of my wooden joist. My projector is very heavy - 242 lbs.

If your projector is a lighter type DLP then screwing into the bottom of a wooden joist should be fine. Alternatively if you do not have a joist available then adding some wood that in turn is screwed into the wooden joist should be fine too. I would avoid just screwing into the drywall. You can check the builder or CRT or other projector forum section on AVS for others with similar projectors for further help.

Thank you for the tip Frank.

The problem will be my 16" on center joists....looks like I may need to do a little research on which lift will fit best.

Good god!....242lbs for a projector?

~Ruben

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by premierht /forum/post/0

I have 4 of those Chief lifts in my store. They work great and are reliable. They're not silent, but I don't know of any projector lift that is.

Good luck.

Would you care to install one in my home? I wish I could find a store in northern california that has one in stock so I can take a look at what I'm getting myself into.

~Ruben

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.