AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
View My Old HT Construction Thread @ Cedar Peaks Cinema [Now working on my 2nd Home Cinema in PA]
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says, I am trying to figure out the best way to mount Aura Pro Bass Shakers to my Coaster Showtime Recliner Seats. I know many incorporated the shakers in their Riser design, and some just used MDF 1/2" panels where they carpeted them, placed the speakers and placed the carpeted panels with the shakers under each row of seats. But that all seem unpractical to me, there's got to be a better and less intrusive and cosmetic way to conceal them into each seat. I would like to simply place the shakers inside the chair structure. I know its been done before and I have asked the same question months ago under the "Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers" forum but I only got one reply.

I am specifically looking for Coaster Showtime seats owners with Bass shakers on this forum, how did you set up your shakers?

·
Registered
89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnsam77 /forum/post/15572512

Just like the title says, I am trying to figure out the best way to mount Aura Pro Bass Shakers to my Coaster Showtime Recliner Seats. I know many incorporated the shakers in their Riser design, and some just used MDF 1/2" panels where they carpeted them, placed the speakers and placed the carpeted panels with the shakers under each row of seats. But that all seem unpractical to me, there's got to be a better and less intrusive and cosmetic way to conceal them into each seat. I would like to simply place the shakers inside the chair structure. I know its been done before and I have asked the same question months ago under the "Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers" forum but I only got one reply.

I am specifically looking for Coaster Showtime seats owners with Bass shakers on this forum, how did you set up your shakers?

I dont have any seats yet. I am looking into getting a row of 3 Coaster Showtimes. Could you post up a few photos of your chairs in house so i can see the look? Also what do you think about them?

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
View My Old HT Construction Thread @ Cedar Peaks Cinema [Now working on my 2nd Home Cinema in PA]
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSaltine /forum/post/15620559

I dont have any seats yet. I am looking into getting a row of 3 Coaster Showtimes. Could you post up a few photos of your chairs in house so i can see the look? Also what do you think about them?

Thanks,

Jason

I will post pics fairly soon, look for them in the next week or two. I think they are very comfy and seeing how I got 7 of them shipped for around $2100 (includes shipping), that makes them about $300 each shipped, not bad. They are very comfortable in my opionion and the reclining mechanism is good and easy to use. The only two things that I am not crazy about is the tal back design, about 3-5 inches taller than most back pieces in recliners. And also the arm rests are somewhat lower than they should be, so its not the perfectly ergonomic, but nevertheless very comfortable, and big enough to accomodate tall/big people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts