AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have 3 different sites that listed it as coming soon, most with a release date of late January or early Feb.

This site has 3 different versions of the movie available (SD fullscreen, SD widescreen, HD). Here is the link for the HD-DVD version:

http://www.loaded247.com/s/R1_DVD/id...The_Protector/

I emailed the company today asking if this was in fact the hd-dvd version and have not heard back yet. This might be due to timezone difference since it was afternoon when they would have received my message.

I did notice that 3 different upc #'s are listed for the 3 versions.

I just picked up the 2 disc widescreen ultimate edition on sd dvd today. The upc on this does match the same version on their website.

Just wondering if any of the Euro users on this forum have ordered this and if so, if it was actually the hd version?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Assuming you're looking for the US release of the title, The Weinstein Company has not announced a release date for the title yet, and they've announced alot of titles coming to HD-DVD soon, the latest being Black Christmas. The last we heard is that The Protector is coming to HD-DVD, but there's been nothing further than that. The site you mentioned seems to be going with their own assumptions as to when the title will be released, which they aren't supposed to be doing.

We deal with The Weinstein Company directly, so you can trust what I say. I'd say wait until official word comes from The Weinstein Company before placing a Pre-Order for the item.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.