AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I saw one in Houston and it looked so bad I forgot to ask the price. I hope, really really hope, that the problem was with the incoming signal. The guys at this store were so incompetent that they really didn't know how to operate it or the Mitsubishi satellite box, so I wasn't able to find out if it was SD or HD HBO running, or whether they had bothered to use the correct input. The movie was filling the screen and I knew it had been shot in 2.35, so if nothing else it was probably having to scale the image, and it wasn't doing that too well. It just doesn't do any good to put new technology in a store when its salespeople are barely competent to operate the old technology. Why do manufacturers let their retailers sabotage them like this?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought my D'Ahlia about 6 weeks ago from Star Club ( www.estarclub.com ) in LA for less than $7K. When properly set up, the D'Ahlia's picture is fantastic with very high resolution and excellent colors. I looked at almost every HDTV out there and found the D'Ahlia to offer the best combination of picture quality, brightness and wide viewing angle. It also has the advantages of no convergence or geometry problems nor burn-in issue. It's too bad so few dealers have these in stock and/or don't bother to set them up properly.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Are we talking about the current The Perfect Vision that has the HDTV shootout, or a future issue? Trying to figure out if I need to get that issue.

Thanks,

Ron

·
Registered
18 Posts
With or without any ISF calibration. BTW, is ISF

calibration available for the D'Ahlia?

I had an ISF calibration on my previous RPTV but have not done so for my D'Ahlia nor do I see the need. I'm sure any set can be improved but I'm very pleased with the D'Ahlia's pciture. I set it up using Avia.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.