AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an email from my DSL/phone provider & it looks like a nice setup.

Here is a link to the product...it looks like it is just a DISH Network DVR/Receiver & Media server/Web server all in one

http://www.att.com/gen/general?pid=7910

I am looking for people who have this or have tried this...I know it is very new so any info would be helpful

Thanks...

Joe

·
Registered
451 Posts
I do not have one but I did give the link a go. It does not mention anywhere that you can stream media from your PC. Seems to me this is where the media industry wants to go....have total control over what and how you watch TV...oh and pay every step of the way.

For my needs this setup does not work. 90% of what myself and my family watches is commercial free recorded SD and HD OTA. We watch it when we want and then delete it. No restrictions on how much we record(just add more network storage), when we watch or when we delete it. Best of all with a small amount of effort it is all commercial free(fast forwarding is better than not but commercial free is much more enjoyable). We also need the ability to play a wide variety of video/audio formats, and lastly we want/need the ability to quickly and easily access archived video such as family video or commercial DVDs.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey...thanks for responding.

It does say you can stream music & photos...I would hope you could also stream videos too. It did not say anything about streaming videos/movies on your PC though.

From what I can tell, you would use the DVR function in the Dishnetwork receiver to record programs, even from OTA.

I like the all-in-one setup that would allow you to just navigate different menus to access different media...but was hoping for some first hand experience

thanks...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE: I called AT&T (tech support) & specifically asked about streaming videos & they said that as of now, no you cannot do videos but they are working on it. You can stream music & pictures as well as download movies for a fee.

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.