AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has seen it in the theaters. I'm hoping it will be out on DVD at some point.

Any opinions?

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
It's coming to my area this Friday, at a single out of the way theater. I can't imagine why a movie like this gets so little theater space, but they insist on showing "Along Came Polly" and "Torque" at multiple theaters locally. For pity's sake how many daily showings of "Cheaper By The Dozen" does one community REALLY need anyway? Is it too much to ask for a single theater to devote two of its showtimes to a film that might be of interest to someone over the age of 9?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Is it too much to ask for a single theater to devote two of its showtimes to a film that might be of interest to someone over the age of 9?
You must be under the impression that movie theaters show movies for social glorification. They need to make money, and "The Fog of War" certainly isn't a blockbuster.

Don't blame the theaters - blame society.

Anywhoo, details about the movie can be found here:

http://www.sonyclassics.com/fogofwar/

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I was just venting but I can't imagine they would lose money by showing it in a popular theater, for a limited amount of time, given how few places show the film. It has a limited appeal, granted, but its distribution is even more limited than its audience, from what I can see.

Is it possible that the Wednesday night showing of "Along Came Polly" in room 2 of the local multiplex actually has an audience greater than a limited run of a film not shown in multiple rooms across 10 other theaters across the county?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Is it possible that the Wednesday night showing of "Along Came Polly" in room 2 of the local multiplex actually has an audience greater than a limited run of a film not shown in multiple rooms across 10 other theaters across the county?
Sure it is. "The Fog of War" is only playing in one theater (AFAIK) in NYC. Now, NYC has a rather dense concentration of people who would most likely love this film - probably more dense than in other areas (that's a guess). But still, it's not being shown that often, and it's only being shown in a single theater.

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
I have never hear of the movie other than on this forum, the only fog I seen was fog on set of Quatermass and the Pit and the movie with the scream queen and Mrs. John Carpenter AKA Adrienne Barbeau.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, that certainly contributed a good deal to the thread. Try to keep things at least slightly on topic...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.