Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,

I am considering one of these two projectors and I would like to know if anyone could answer these questions...

In your opinion, which has a better out of the box picture(I know taht the VW12HT has better colors and blacks but I would like to know which would need less tweaks just out of the box).

Is the screendoor effect difference very appreciable between these two projectors?

A curiosity, When you switched on the projector, is the demo or the presentation of the VW12HT the same than the 11HT or 10HT? Which has a nicer and more impressive demo or presentation between the HS10 and the 12HT?

Is the 12HT supplied with cables and power cord like the HS10?

I am going to make an order soon and I would appreciate any help...

Best regards!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I've seen both projectors. The HS10 I saw was calibrated, but I'm not convinced that the 12HT was. I still thought the 12HT had the better picture. Colors were a bit more vibrant, but the blacks were the most noticeable improvement to me. They were not twice as good as the price difference may suggest. Screendoor was nil on both projectors.

My $0.02: I was considering the 12HT myself until I started really getting serious on projectors. I've decided that I'd rather have a PLV-70 than the VW12 for the same price.

mikebaby

·
Registered
129 Posts
I saw both pjs side by side with the same signal at the same time on the same screen. I do not know if either had been "calibrated". The only difference I saw was the black level and shadow detail. For me it was not worth another $2K.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.