AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.... because I'm having major trouble with my PE7700! I posted the following over @ the uk avforums: -

"Hi guy's,

I've posted a little dilemma over on the DLP & LCD PJ forum, about odd digital-like dropouts I'm getting connecting my 6800 ultra dual DVI-I graphics card to my PJ via DVI-D to HDMI. I assume that because DVI-I supports both analogue and digital, that using a DVI-D lead wouldn't be the cause of my problem, but it seems as though this is not the case? Could any PC wondermen help me with this little frustrating problem?

Thanks in advance

Spike"

Could any bright sparks here help me out?

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Spike -- It sounds like you have a bad cable (from your description on the PE7700 thread). I'm running a 12' DVD-D to HDMI cable from my PC (ATI 6600xt card) to my MT700. I get a really good picture, except my problem is that I can't get it to do 1280 x 720 (16:9) format. I'm assuming my problem has to do with either a bad card or bad driver software. I haven't installed the latest drivers yet.

I was thinking of replacing my 6600xt with a Nvidia 6600GT card. The Nvidia site, I believe, has a software update to fix some problems and timing details (the EDID information for the PJ may not be correct).

Can you really get rid of the problems with tweeking? If so, then it could be that you need to adjust the clock frequency or some of the timing details. Are you running PAL disks (50Hz timing)? You might want to look in the "Home Theater Computers" forum. Also check the 2 MT700 threads, I remember seeing some Powerstrip timing details, but I don't remember where.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I'm using 9600PRO and then upgraded to 6600GT. No problem at all. FYI, I'm using 30' HDMI cables (24AWG gold palated from PCCAbles) and DV-HDMI convertor from Wirreworld. Driver is Catalyst 5.4 and 5.7 for ATI. For NVIDIA, 77.77 Foreceware. The output is awlays 1280x720 (720p) 32 bit color. From my experience, 6600GT is better as Claus mention, allowed EDID timming settings and with built in 720p support. Another advantage is Purevideo. You will see that your DVD had higher details compare to ATI 9600Pro. I rewatch Kill Bill again as I remember the first time I watch using ATI, I had issue with jagged edge and bleeding red. After upgraded to 6600GT, the graphic feel very high res and smooth without color bleeding. To check if it is cable issue, try to borrow 6' HDMI cable and try it out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guy's! I am just about to go out and purchase a 2m lead instead of the 4m one I have and see if it makes a difference.... here's hoping!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.