AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im considering that material from that seller in the for sale sections from BuildYourOwnProjectionScreen dot com. It shows a 1.2 gain, which is near what im looking for. Right now im using just a parkland plastics 85" X 48" screen. Heres the sad part, haha. Im using a Sony Ruby (bought it off the forums here for 1620 shipped). I really cant spend more than 200-300 right now on a screen and I know... that doesnt do the Ruby justice. Some might say to not even bother until I can spend more, but because of the location change, I kinda need to make a larger screen, like 120"

·
Registered
7,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XylerB /forum/post/14197566

Im considering that material from that seller in the for sale sections from BuildYourOwnProjectionScreen dot com. It shows a 1.2 gain, which is near what im looking for. Right now im using just a parkland plastics 85" X 48" screen. Heres the sad part, haha. Im using a Sony Ruby (bought it off the forums here for 1620 shipped). I really cant spend more than 200-300 right now on a screen and I know... that doesnt do the Ruby justice. Some might say to not even bother until I can spend more, but because of the location change, I kinda need to make a larger screen, like 120"

For the $200 to $300 price range you could simply buy an Elite Silverframe (fixed frame) screen with your choice of 3 different screen materials. AVS and forum sponsor VisualApex sell them. VA has the 120" for just under $300 (here is the LINK ).

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Actually you can get fabric from the bigger companies in that range...such as Dalite. That will give you a bit more selection as well.

If you want a frame in that price range, the Elite is probably one of the best options.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would the Powergain screen with 1.8 gain be too much? The projector is going to be mounted about 16ft back projecting on a 120" screen. The front part of the room is nearly pitch black, however the back of the room at times will be subject to light as its a dual purpose theater/entertainment room, however they are recessed and the eyelets are pointed towards the back of the room.

If I was to go with some Dalite fabric in the described room, what would you suggest? Does anyone have a link on how to build a good frame using this type of material?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts