AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For only $5 a month extra UltimateTV allows you to use your current dial-up ISP to access the internet with your UltimateTV. This seems like an inexpensive way to get around the 3 hour a month limit.

With unlimited internet time the Web access feature of UltimateTV might be useful, even though it is slow to connect.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I used this in December solely for Christmas shopping at home, but with T1 Internet access at work, it is extremely hard to wait on a 56k connection (which rarely surpasses 48k anyway).

·
Registered
171 Posts
I set mine up using my own ISP login, but I don't access the Internet that way because I much prefer to use the computer/mouse combo. I set it up just to see if it would work, and it did.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Quote:
I set mine up using my own ISP login, but I don't access the Internet that way because I much prefer to use the computer/mouse combo. I set it up just to see if it would work, and it did.

Me too. But I don't recall ever getting charged $5 for this. Anbody ???

·
Registered
246 Posts
they don't charge you the $5 unless you go over the 3 hours of use. (Or at least that's what they told me)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not true. They charge you the $5 for using your ISP regardless of how long you use it each month. I signed up for this option initally because I thought I'd be using it more, but I hardly ever went over the 3 hours and I was always charged the $5. I know for a fact that the last month I only used it for 18 minutes because that's when I decided to get rid of the ISP and use their "free" 3 hours.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I signed up for it when I got my first UTV and have used my own ISP all along. They have never charged me the $5. After about two months, I called and asked and they told me that since I was under 3 hours, they did not charge me. I could just be lucky (and misinformed), but could you be confusing the $5 fee with the $5 fee for having an additional receiver?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't think I am. In fact, the $5 "Use your ISP" charge appears separately on my CC as WebTV access. The $5 extra receiver charge appears as part of my DirecTV bill. Maybe they just decided to screw me, but I've been charged the $5 WebTV access fee for every month I had it until I disconnected it last month. Can I politely ask for a refund?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.