AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
might sound silly but I would find it cool to use a digicam and filming some movie scenes to show the images and the home theater and maybe record the sound too (though quality would be limited ).

it could be also helpful to dig in more in the dlp dithering issue :)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I would think with the refresh mismatch, any attempt to film your setup would be futile.

If cannot show rainbow, as the 30fps woulf not capture it. It will probably not show dithering due to low resolution and the fact that most DLP's are 60fps wher most digicams are 30fps interlaced.

Using premiere it would probably be possible to produce a small video segmant that showed off dithering in a way that approximates the actual effect to see if people are botherd by it.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Too much time on your hands? Don't you guys have wives or girlfriends? :)

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
CRT guy at local bar: "Common honey, I have 9" guns" :D

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Not to nitpick, but in order to film you would need a film based camera (8mm, 16mm, or 35mm). A Digicam uses video tape so you would be video taping your setup. ;)

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol!!!! you all have a dlp so you're afraid of showing your dithering rainbows ?

"honey, I have a big multicolor dithering! "

woman: "let's go!" :D

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Works every time! Biggest DLP in the bar!

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
CRT guy replies: "I'm not very BRIGHT but I'm very BIG" :p

·
Registered
730 Posts
Why don't you film it with a 35mm Panavision camera and talk the projectionist at your local theater into screening it for you? then you could see how it compares to movie house quality. Better yet, get a film print, cut out each frame and put them in slide mounts. Then you could get a slide projector with a xenon retrofit and do a side by side comparison.

That and a can of meat flavored soda will buy you a cup of coffee.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.