AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a good speaker and amp system for under 2500 and was wondering if the ADAM A8x was a good bet. They are studio monitors but most say they sound more like HIFI speakers. Has anyone used them as such and if so how where they? I just don't want them to be to analytical.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
I was looking for a good speaker and amp system for under 2500 and was wondering if the ADAM A8x was a good bet. They are studio monitors but most say they sound more like HIFI speakers. Has anyone used them as such and if so how where they? I just don't want them to be to analytical.
I'm not sure what too analytical means? But you can always EQ them to be as inaccurate as you want. :)

·
The Village Idiot
9,714 Posts
Those are speakers not a psychiatrist. Every time I read someone using the term 'analytical' I think 'accurate' - and what the hell is wrong with that? Isn't that the Holy Grail of audio?

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Those are speakers not a psychiatrist. Every time I read someone using the term 'analytical' I think 'accurate' - and what the hell is wrong with that? Isn't that the Holy Grail of audio?
Not for most it's not. Most want a particular sound and are not concerned too much with accuracy.

If you need proof of that all you need to do is go out and find the independent comprehensive measurements of the popular speakers on this forum and see how accurate they are. But before you bother looking I'll save you some time - the vast majority have none. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts